Will I Need Additional Work on my Nose Other Than Something Like the Alarplasty for a Pleasing Result? (photo)

My nostrils seem too wide for my features. The outside of my nostrils don't line up w/ the inner corner of my eyes & they seem somewhat square in shape-if that makes sense. The side view is fine-no bumps, straight. I'm curious if I I also need bridge/tip work or full rhinoplasty. I've put on weight & it has slightly affected my face so I'm unsure if it could increase the overall disproportion. 2 pics included of me at lower weight. I will lose the weight but would like opinions @ this weight.

Rhinoplasty

+2

I do not see anything wrong with your nostril (side to side) or alar base width. The outer edges of the nostrils are well aligned with the corners of the eyes. There maybe some excess nostril show on frontal view. That is treated by rotating the tip downward.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Nasal width

+2

I have looked at your pictures and believe that your nostrils are very acceptable and would caution you to not create a narrow, pinched look .  Sometimes the best plan is to do nothing.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Rhinoplasty to reduce nostril size

+2

When planning to reduce large nostrils it is essential to look at the porportions of the entire nose, otherwise the nostrils will look pinched. From your pictures it appears that you need augmentation of your nasal dorsum (bridge) and narrowing of your nasal tip. the combination of all these would be a rhinoplasty procedure.

Web reference: http://www.beautifulself.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.