Would Additional Revision Rhinoplasty Be Recommended?

I had a Rhinoplasty 2 1/2 years ago and still continue to worry about the appearance of my nose. My first surgery removed a dorsal hump and narrowed my bridge. Since the surgery, I have been to three different surgeons who have all told me that my nose fits my face perfectly and that I didn't need any additional surgery.

One of the doctors told me that I had a very masculine looking nose and if it was any smaller it would look feminine. I have now grown to worry that my nose is too broad and that my tip may need additional refinement. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Revision surgery is more complicated than primary

+3

Only you can decide if the issues you have with your nose warrant you incurring the risks, recovery, and expense of a revision procedure. I think it should not be up to surgeon to decide on the aesthetic "need". It has to come from you.

No doubt your nose was imperfect prior to your first surgery and it seems you think it continues to be imperfect now. Hopefully, you believe there have been improvements that resulted. If you truly are unhappy with the outcome and feel the degree of dissatisfaction would warrant another procedure, then I would advise that you do your homework for a good revision specialist and seek a consultation.

I am concerned that you said 3 surgeons have advised against revision, however. This could be an aesthetic judgment on their part (which I cannot provide based on the single angle view you provide). Or it could be a sense that they cannot achieve the specific goals that you are seeking.

Either way, that should be a red flag against pushing for surgery. If you opt not to do a revision, you have to shift your thinking from "how can I make my nose better" to "how can I be comfortable with the nose that i have."

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Evaluation

+2

It is impossible to evaluate a nose on the basis of one photograph. During consultation, try to be specific regarding any features yoy don't like. If a surgeon in your community did the original rhinoplasty, it might be worthwhile to get an opinion from a physician elsewhere to eliminate the possible influence of local medical politics.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

You have a very masculine face and a masculine nose to match. Unless some defect is hidden on the frontal view only I would say, no.

James H. Fuller, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon