Endoscopic Browlift vs.the Open Headband Incision?

how long will last the endoscopic browlift versus the open headband incision?

Endoscopic vs Open Browlift

+2

Well done, the endoscopic and open browlift will last about the same length of time. Despite normal aging, the  results will last for years and you will always look better than you would without the operation. I frequently use a hairline incision, an open procedure we described many years ago, because the hairline is always raised with the endoscopic approach.

Brow Lift

+1

Both procedures can have dramatic long term results and it is up to the patient which they prefer. I like the endoscopic just because the incision is so much smaller

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Endoscopic vs. Open headband browlift

+1

It depends who you ask.  I try to discuss different options with my patients and discuss that different physicians may approach any problem in various ways.  There are plenty of doctors who do coronal "open headband" brow lifts and swear that their results are superior to and last longer than doctors (like myself) who try to steer patients to small incision lifts.  Personally, if it was me, I would prefer having a brow lift with the smaller incisions.  Personally, I do not believe that one type of browlift lasts longer than another.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Endo lift vs open coronal

+1

I assume when you say headband incision you  mean coronal lift. This will last probably a lifetime, the endoscopic lift may not.

Brow Lift Duration - Endoscopic or Open

+1

One should always look improved after plastic surgery. Unlike nonsurgical methods, brow lift surgery (endoscopic or open) generally will last years. Results after cosmetic surgery are permanent, as one cannot undo your plastic surgery. Keep in mind that one cannot stop the natural aging process, and repeat cosmetic treatments or plastic surgery may be requested to maintain desired cosmetic results.

The decision on endoscopic brow lift or open brow lift procedure is dependent on your specific anatomy, personal goals, and advice from your plastic surgeon. Only after a comprehensive evaluation by a brow lift surgeon can he/she help determine appropriate options for you.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Endoscopic versus open browlift

+1

Both the endoscopic and the open browlift are excellent procedures.  The choice of procedure really depends on your anatomy.  If you have a short forehead, then an open lift may be the best choice.  If you post pictures, we may be able to give you more specific advice.  Good luck with your procedure.

David Shafer, MD

Endoscopic Browlift vs.the Open Headband Incision

+1

Both operations are used but a photo would help determine the better choice. Is the open head band incision the incision in a forehead crease? Or do you mean at the hair line? Please respond for a better answer Thanks 

Endoscopic and open brow lifts last the same amount of time.

+1

Brow lift procedures will last the same amount of time if done correctly.  Each person will have a similar amount of time of correction which is usually quite a long time.  There are other considerations that you should think about regarding the differences in the procedures.

The sensation to the top of the head is the main concern, because the open incision will cut the nerves that supply the scalp on the back side of the incision.  The scar is also an important consideration.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon