Adding Saline Question. Would Like Revision to Make Right Implant Drop?

I currently have 325 Mentor smooth round saline o/f to 350. I am interested in having a revision to correct my right pocket as it hasn't dropped like the left. (I am a year and a half out). I am interested in filling them to 425. Is this recommended? Will they then be hard? Any advise is appriciated!

+1

As I look at your photos, the most striking thing I see is that the left breast seems larger than the right. On both sides the implants seemed to me to be positioned properly. I don't see that the right implant needs to drop.  I would be sure to address that with your surgeon well before the scheduled day of surgery.

In terms of the overfilling the implants, the maximum fill suggested for the 325 cc implants is 390. If you go much larger the edges tend to "scallop" and these may be palpable and visible. For that much change going to a larger implant would be my recommendation. 

Thanks for the question and for the photos. Best wishes.  

Each saline implant has a minimum and a maximum volume

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  Correction of the pocket is a straight forward procedure than can be done under local anesthesia.  Filling your current implants to 425 is also relatively straight forward especially if you have a peri-areolar incision since it can be done without the need to remove the implant.  Each saline implant has a minimum and a maximum fill volume and as the more the implant is filled the firmer the implant will feel.  I think it is a reasonable plan since your cost should be very little in doing so.  You could always choose to get silicone implants later down the road if the feel of the salines are too firm.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Hello

+1

Having your implants filled is not reccommended it will cancel your warranty with the company. You can remove and replace them with new ones. From your picture it look like you would carry the 425cc well. Without an exam its hard to be exact. See a PS to get your options.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS