Adding 95 Cc to Existing Implant, do I Risk Having that Firm Look?

I had my second breast argumentation after 12 year.I had 300cc which where way to small for, but lived with it for 12yrs and I'm just not will to do that this time around. I was so undecided even when I was going into surgery on surgery day. I was so back and forth with 475cc to 575 cc....I would like to add 95 cc to my exiting, which allows foe, 475cc mentor plus. And keeping cost down. I would like to be awake! With having 95 cc room will this keep them from having that firm look?

Updated to add: Here are pictures of mine and what I was going for. I dont know my bwd! I would really like to just go back and have them filled to the max fill, if it is feasible? and looks good? Just really disappointing I didnt get more help with over all size. Hope this helps! :)

Adding 95 Cc

+2

Sorry, but I am not sure from your question what implant you have now (is it the Mentor Moderate plus 475?) and if so not sure how much you have in it now. Need that info before I could even hazard a guess what it might look like. That also depends on your chest, how big across you are, your over all framework 9Ht, Wt, etc. Current photos with the above info would be necessary.

A secondary procedure to had 95 mL to a breast implant is probably not a good idea.

+1

Your situation is a bit confusing but in general few surgeons like to open up in operative result and dad sailing secondarily regardless of the anesthetic. If you result is good at present you should leave it alone.

Adding fluid to saline filled implants - overfilling not recommended

+1

You could add fluid to the implant but when you go above the recommended fill volume it will make the implant firmer and rounder.  The implants have a front and back side.  If you make them round they can rotate and this can change the shape of on or both breasts.  If you are looking to go to a much larger size then consider larger implants if indicated.  

95 cc addition to implants

+1

I think that if you are looking for a change and increase in volume, then you should have new implants that could accommodate the volume you desire.

Trade-offs with fill volumes of saline implants

+1

Saline breast implants have a specified range of fill volumes for each size. At the lower end of the range, they tend to be soft and more prone to rippling, at the high end they are firmer and possibly less natural feeling. The best answer for your specific question cannot be obtained online. I would suggest however that wide awake local anesthesia for implant volume adjustment is risky because the local would have to be injected close to the implant which may puncture it.

Richard Baxter, MD

+1

Without photos and measurements, any responses will be based on inadequate info. Those implants are within the manufacturer's guidelines to be filled to 580 cc. They will project a bit more, and could have a less appealing shape than would say a 550 cc implant filled to 580, or a 600 filled to 600.

Best to discuss this with your surgeon.