Laser treatment then tummy tuck? (photo)

this is in addition to my original question about having laser treatments then having tummy tuck. my total weight gain with the twin pregnancy was about 30 lbs. I had gained 15 lbs with all the invitro procedures prior to actual pregnancy . I am posting pics now as well to hopefully give better idea of my situation. I really appreciate the doctors that have responded back. Dr. Wong did mention possibilty of high risk of diastasis after twin pregnancy. 

Original: I am 4o yrs old non smoker no medications no stretch marks delivered twins naturally 8 yrs ago . I am also 40 pounds overweight at this time but the opportunity presented itself and really considering it although feeling so much anxiety and fear. I am a nurse myself but once you become a patient you feel like you know nothing . Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very fearful of post op downtime . I'm Very active so have major concerns

Baltimore tummy tucks and laser treatment

+1

With twins, you'll most likely need a fully tummy tuck. The lasers can be used for scar therapy or cellulite after the tummy tuck is completed. Good luck!

Dr. Jeffrey E. Schreiber

Baltimore, Maryland

For the best result

+1

Loose your weight. Get down to pre pregnancy and have a tummy tuck. Don't waste your time or money with lasers. You need a full tummy tuck and muscle repair.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Laser treatment ??

+1

You do not need a laser treatment before a TT, it would be great to know wich are your goals regarding Laser??

It would be great to know your weight and personnal clinical history. IF your weight is between 160 to 170 pounds . IT Looks in the pcitures than all fat comes from abdominal area , you are an excellent patient to perform a TT with muscle repair with liposuction , I recommend you visit a PS to have an evaluation and recommendation

Cynthia Disla, MD

Tummy tuck

+1

Not sure why you want laser treatment? You may want to save you money. You appear t be a good candidate for a tummy tuck. By loosing weight before the procedure you will maximize the result and the ability to tighten the rectus diastasis. Best wishes and please seek out a board certified plastic surgeon

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Laser treatment then tummy tuck?

+1

I believe that you should proceed with the tummy tuck. I am not sure that laser treatment would offer any additional benefit.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Forget the laser

+1

after twins the diastasis is significant, there is also a moderate amount of excess skin. Get to a reasonable target weight and have an abdominoplasty. It is the procedure of choice for you. I don't believe laser will give any good yield for your situation.

Michael S. Beckenstein, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon