Can I Add Radiesse to Fill out my Cheeks a Little More After Having Had Juvederm Ultra??

I just had Juvederm Ultra in my cheeks but I need more volume. How long would I have to wait after Juvederm Ultra to add more volume? I would love to hear your opinion. Thank you.

Radiesse use after Juvederm injections

+1

Yes it is possible to have Radiesse injected into your cheeks after having had Juvederm injections.  Physicians often layer these injections - using the Juvederm more superficially in the sub dermal plane and Radiesse near the surface of the underlying bone.  Since Radiesse is more viscous, it tends to provide greater lift of the cheeks than Juvederm alone.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Adding Radiesse after Juvederm

+1

Greetings Lisa~

Radiesse is an excellent filler for adding volume to the cheeks and can be used with Juvederm at any time.  As long as any swelling or bruising has subsided so your injector has an accurate idea of the contours of your face, what you would like and the volume necesssary to achieve that, you're ready to go.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Yes, You Can Layer Facial Fillers for More Volume

+1

Absolutely. You can layer fillers on top of each other.  The Radiesse won’t conflict or undo the Juvéderm Ultra that is currently in your cheeks.

Timothy Jochen, MD
Palm Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

Cheek Volume Needs Sculptra

+1

If you are intending to add volume to your face then nothing works like Sculptra. It will be a slow process but more natural looking. You can get Sculptra or Radiesse injections at the same time as Juvederm Ultra. So the timing is not an issue. A more important question is which filler will work best for you.

Regards

Disclaimer: This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case. 

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Absolutely!

+1

Typically Juvederm Ultra is used more superficially in the skin, for fine lines or wrinkles, and Radiesse is used deeper for soft tissue augmentation or volume.  I usually use the deeper filler first, then top it off with a more superficial filler like Juvederm Ultra.  Just be certain that all bruising and/or swelling from the first injection is resolved, so there isn't a "changing landscape" when the Radiesse is injected. Also remember to avoid all platelet inhibitors (aspirin, alcohol, NSAID's) for 10 days before the injection, to decrease the risk of bleeding and bruising.  Good luck!

Laura Skellchock, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse is Best for Volume

+1

It is perfectly safe to inject Radiesse and Juvederm in the same area. However, it is important to understand the difference between "stimulatory" fillers such as Radiesse and "wrinkle" fillers such as Juvederm.  When treating problems due to volume loss such as cheek hollows and sagging skin beside the mouth, I will almost always use stimulatory fillers such as Radiesse. It is injected deeper, beneath the skin, and will generate more volume to create a much better lifting effect for sagging skin. It works by stimulating your skin to produce more collagen, which is why it is so effective, and gives longer-lasting results too. I would never use Juvederm for this purpose.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Yes get your Radiesse

+1

Yes, Radiesse would be a good addition as adding this more deeply will give you  a more, longer lasting, volume. I layer filler on a regular basis.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Cheek volume with Radiesse

+1

Radiesse is a wonderful filler for cheek volumizing. It can definitely be added to existing Juvéderm. In fact, I will commonly layer different fillers. Radiesse is a great filler for placement in the deeper tissue areas, and I'll sometimes use Juvéderm for more superficial lines or etchings in the skin. 

Radiesse can be placed at the same time as other fillers, or added later to enhance the volumizing effect.

Enjoy your cheeks!

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse

+1

Absolutey! I often cimbine Radiesse deep with a hyaluronic filler less deep. I think you can do this any time. Good luck.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Radiesse after Juvederm Ultra

+1

Yes you can absolutely have Radiesse after Juvederm Ultra.  Radiesse is an excellent filler for added volume.  You do not have to wait unless you have bruising or swelling from your Juvederm.  I often layer them at the same visit. 

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist