Should I Add More Juvederm to my Lips?

I had Juvaderm injected in my lips about a week ago in Chicago. My lips are a bit fuller, but i was wondering how full i could go without having an "inner tube/ duck" effect. Would a second syringe be too much? I just want to dd volume, but if its likely ill end up looking like i had a lip job i may avoid the enhancement. I live in Scottsdale, AZ.

Hi There,

Here is a link to all our board certified doctors that are qualified to administer Juvederm in your area.

http://www.realself.com/Juvederm/drs

Hopefully this helps!

Adding more Juvederm to lips...

+1

Before deciding that you want to inject more Juvederm into your lips, be sure to wait at least a week or so.  Its normal for the Juvederm to take some time to settle in your lips.  After a week if you do not see results, make an appointment with a plastic surgeon.  Fillers are always a type of trial and error.  Discussing your results and what you like or don't like will help formulate a perfect plan for subsequent injections.  Usually, if you are still thinner than you like, a second syringe will be fine.

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm to Lips

+1

Thank you for your question. The amount that is injected depends on many factors including the size and shape of your lips, the amount of lip plumping you would like to do, and the decision made with your provider. I would recommend starting conservatively with 1 syringe first to see your results. You may want to wait at least 2 weeks-a month for the final effect and decide at that time if you would like to have more injected. You want the lips to look natural and enhance your normal volume. It can last 6-9mo on average, and follow up around this time for touch ups before the product is totally gone. This is a joint decision that can be made by you and your injector if you need more. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in injectables for an evaluation and  for the safest and most effective treatments.   I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Juvederm in lips

+1

Without viewing a picture of your lips, it is very difficult to answer your question. Dependent upon injection technique and placement - it's hard to say whether or not you'll get the "duck" look. Adding product to the body of your lips adds volume, and lining the vermillion border can create the "duck" look you are referring to.  

Sam Naficy, MD

More juvederm filler for lip

+1

I would probably wait up to 1 month before considering an extra syringe of filler such as Juvederm. 1 syringe is typically enough for most people, giving a nice natural result. That said, some people could benefit from more; as long as you are in expert hands such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon, you shouldn't get the duck lips.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm for lip enhancement

+1

Juvederm is a good filler for lip enhancement. How much can be injected changes from individual to individual, depending on how much volume they want added, and how much can be injected into that person's lips without looking unnatural. These can only be determined through a discussion between you and your physician. I would recommend going back to your physician and discussing whether or not in your case a second syringe would be too much. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Juvederm in lips

+1

Juvederm and Restylane are great filler options for the lips.  The amount needed depends on each patient's individual anatomy. The most important thing is to respect the natural shape and contour of the lips to avoid "duck lips" or "sausage lips." Less should be injected into the upper lip than the lower lip. 

Donna Bilu Martin, MD
Miami Beach Dermatologist

Photos will help

+1

Usually 1 syringe will suffice, but every lip is different, and there are also different tastes in what someone would consider a "success". Some may want a fuller look that others would consider overdone.

If you post a photo, it might help us give a better recommendation.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm for lip enhancement

+1

You should wait another week for any swelling to subside and if you would like your lips fuller, please consult a dermatologist or plastic surgeon who is an experienced injector.  The art of injecting involves taking into account the proper proportions and projection of the lips so they appear natural.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Should I Add More Juvederm to my Lips?

+1

In Lip Augmentation using Juvederm, Restylane or implants like Alloderm or silastic...it's not onlt the size of the lips but understanding the proper aesthetic proportion of the upper to lower lip that dictates whether, or not, the lips looks full and beautiful or over-blown and "duck-like".

Add more Juvederm to lips?

+1

There are many great physicians in Scottsdale, so I'd suggest first, that you visit them in person for a consultation. Second, on average I inject usually only 1ml syringe of filler (Juvederm or Restylane) for a patient's lips. I follow the natural shape of their lips and tend to put more in the bottom lip than the top. For most people lips are 2/3 bottom, to 1/3 top. Following the natural lines and shapes of your lips is extremely important. There are smaller size syringes as well so if you just wanted a bit more, you may not need an entire 1ml syringe again, but one of the smaller ones. I'd suggest you find a local board-certified derm or plastic surgeon for an evaluation. And bring pre-pics with you too.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD