Is ADATOSIL Safe? Permanent Silicone Lip Injections

a friend had adatsil (forgive me about the spelling, not sure) she had this done a few years ago and it still looks great, doc in Beverly Hills told her it is safe - she had 3 sessions. Doc told her it would be permanent - silicone injections. I am thinking to do this, what are your thoughts? is it safe? have you heard of Adatsil? Thanks! do any of you offer it?

Lip implants are permanent and safe and easy to put in and remove.

+2

Lip implants are by far a better choice for most patients.  They are safe and easy to put in and remove.  They don't get lumpy and bumpy like silicone nor cause other problems.  They run about 1500 per lip.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Removing liquid silicone from the lips

+1

I have a large series of patients who have done very well with liquid silicone removal from the lips. I do not recommend the silicone injections to patients. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Silicone Lip Injections

+1

Please, do a google search for silicone lip injection complications before having silicone injected.  IMHO it should never be done...it's to risky.  Have a Lip Implant of Alloderm or Silastic, instead for a more predictable and safer Lip Augmentation. 

Lip Implant is a better option than silicone injections

+1

SIlicone lip injections are effective but can be risky - the material can migrate, move, be asymmetric, and these problems are permanent.  Instead, I prefer to use a soft solid silicone rubber implant. They work well, look natural, and can be easily removed if there is a problem. I have attached a brief video below:

Matthew Schulman, MD

Liquid Injectable Silicone (LIS) may be safely used by experienced physicians for permanent, natural-looking, Lip Augmentation.

+1

Adat-O-Sil-5000 is a permanent, off-label, silicone-filler, so your results, good or bad, are permanent. My experience with Silikon-1000 (another off-label, silicone-filler) for permanent, natural-looking lip augmentation has been excellent. I prefer Silikon-1000 over Adat-O-Sil-5000 since Silikon-1000 may be administered with a smaller guage needle: a smaller guage needle leads to less pain, swelling, and bruising after a lip procedure.

Several treatments (1-3) are typically necessary to obtain a desired result, and in my practice, problems are infrequent. Tell your doctor if you have a history of frequent cold-sores or herpes-infections on your lips: you may need to be pre-treated with valcyclovir (Valtrex).

You must find a reputable dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced with the serial puncture, micro-droplet technique: this is critical for achieving natural-looking results with LIS. You should also have a discussion with your doctor about the FDA's position with respect to using LIS in an off-label fashion to enhance your lips. Lastly, you should see many before and after photos demonstrating beautiful results before you pick your doctor and proceed. 

In my practice, LIS is safe for permanent Lip Augmentation, and may lead to completely natural-looking, smooth lips. Patient satisfaction has been very high in just about everyone I've cared for.

I've attached a link to an interview I did for RealSelf's  Lip Augmentation Forum. I've addressed many of the issues and controversy associated with LIS lip treatments.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from West Orange, NJ

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silicone in the lips is not safe long-term

+1

The injectable silicone product you’re referring to is Adatosil 5000. Silicone may be safe and look good in the lips for a few years but long-term observations show a significantly greater chance of immune system activation, scarring, and lip disfigurement. If you have doubts, just ask Lisa Rinna!
I recommend using a hyaluronic-acid based filler such as Restylane or Juvederm for lip contouring.

Daniel Levy, MD
Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Silicone injection

+1

Free Silicone SHOULD NEVER BE INJECTED IN THE HUMAN BODY.

It is not FDA approved and may cause major non reversiible problems in the future.

TIC SURGERY) experience in the 60s and 70s we stopped injecting free silicone (LEARN FROM PAST EXPERIENCE)

the silicone being injected comes in one cc for use in detached retina ONLY