Do I need to have actual wrinkles to have a Botox treatment?

I just recently had my breast augmentation and I was told by the nurses since I chose silicone gel implants I could get a complimentary treatment of Botox. I have never had Botox before but am very interested in it, but I also don't have many wrinkles so I'm not sure if I should wait till I have more wrinkles or if it's ok to do it now.

+2
Botox is a great alternative to help prevent future lines/wrinkles, I advise you not to do anything you’re not comfortable with but if you’re interested, I suggest you start off conservative and only apply a small amount of units 

Botox and wrinkles

+1
Botox is used to correct or diminish the look of facial wrinkles.  It can also prevent wrinkles from getting deeper.  If you have no wrinkles currently then there is no reason for you to have Botox.  Just continue good skin care, use sunscreen, and wear sunglasses outside.

Michele S. Green, MD

Botox as treatment and prevention

+1
Botox is a great treatment for dynamic or movement wrinkles such as forehead lines, frown lines, Crow's feet, Bunny lines, and more. It is also a terrific preventative treatment in these areas to prevent lines from "etching in." I think it reasonable for you to try the Botox preventatively, but make sure the dermatologist or plastic surgeon is administering it for optimal results and safety. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox if you need it or not

+1
You predicament is interesting.   I guess its Botox or nothing so you need to think of some use for Botox.  You could raise the corners of your mouth.  You could raise you brow or part of it.  You could look in the mirror and hunt down a frown, or crows, or forheal lines.   These ate the classic areas.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Botox to prevent wrinkles

+1
Botox can be used to prevent getting permanent wrinkles.   The procedure is repeated every 3 to 4 months.  

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

Botox to prevent wrinkles

+1
Neurotoxins can help prevent wrinkles if they are used before wrinkles become fixed. You will not become resistant over time, and in fact, most patients need a lower dose as they continue with treatment. That being said, it is important to realize that neurotoxins need to be repeated a few times per year. A one time complimentary treatment is generous, but certainly not adequate to prevent wrinkles over time. 

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox makes nice changes even if you don't have wrinkles!

+1
Even if you don't have wrinkles, botox can make subtle, but very nice changes on your face.  In particular, it makes your eyes look nicer and can dramatically enhance your look.  So I'd go for it!  Good luck!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist

Botox is preventative

+1
Botox Cosmetic can be used as a preventative treatment as well as a way to ease wrinkles.  Wrinkles in the glabellar (in-between eye brows) and the forehead are caused by movement and expressions.  If you tend to use a lot of expressions you can have Botox Cosmetic injected at a preventative treatment to prevent future wrinkles from forming in this area.  Just let them know you want a minimal amount.

James F. Farrell, MD
Winter Park Facial Plastic Surgeon