What Activities Should I Do to Avoid Fast Wear off of Botox Effect?

Botox is quite expensive and it really hurts my budget. But this is one beauty enhancement that i think i wouldn't like to give up. Kindly give me tips on how to prolong or extend the effects of botox for more than 4-6months. What activities or factors should i avoid so my Botox does not wear off easily? Thanks - Hearty

Botox, Wrinkle Treatment, Beverly Hills Botox, Los Angeles Botox, Nasal Surgery, Beverly Hills Rhinoplasty

+1

Botox weakens muscles that cause unwanted lines and wrinkles.  Try avoiding using those muscles as their contraction will make the line or wrinkle return more quickly.

Botox

+1

I am not aware of any activities you can do or avoid to prolong the effects of Botox Cosmetic. Most patients will have the benefits of Botox for 3-4 months. Best of luck!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and its longevity

+1

Physicians and patients wish that Botox injections would last longer than the three to four months we see clinically.  I am not aware of anything that patients can do to hasten the resolution when they don't like the effect of Botox, nor anything they can do to prolong it if they like their appearance.  One well done study showed a slightly longer duration of effectiveness with Dysport than with Botox injections but this has not been duplicated in other studies.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox duration

+1

Botox lasts longer for some people, if they do not engage in strenuous physical exercise. Eat healthy.

Robert Kasten, MD
Mainz Dermatologic Surgeon

Extending Botox Effect

+1

I am not aware of anything you can do, or any activity you can avoid  to prolong the effect of Botox injections. You are doing well if your improvement lasts up to 6 months.

Exercise the treated muscles in the first hou after treatment

+1

There is some animal and clinical evidence that if muscles are exercised hard for the first hour after treatment with BOTOX® [and similar formulations of BTX-A] the nerve endings on the muscles will absorb more of the BTX-A. This is thought to happen because the SV2 receptors [to which BTX-A binds, and which facilitate uptake of BTX-A] are exposed for a moment each time the nerve ending on the muscle fires.

I routinely exercise the treated areas [for example, by squinting, if my crow's feet have been treated], and I advise me patients to exercise their treated areas for the first hour.

Kevin C. Smith, MD
Niagara Falls Dermatologic Surgeon

Prolonging the effects of Botox

+1

I have been using Botox for over 15 years and have yet to find anyway of prolonging its effect. You might try one the the botulinum varients as they become more readily available to see if they last longer.

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon