What Activities Can I and Can't I Do on Holiday 2 Months Post-Op Rhinoplasty? Water Sports?

Hi I am going on holiday 9 weeks after my rhinoplasty operation. There is a water park and water sports at the hotel, will I be able to go on these? I'm just worried about damaging my nose. Thanks.

Activities after Rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for your question.  I tell my patients after rhinoplasty to refrain from aerobics for 10 days, high impact aerobics for 3 weeks , and contact sports for 6 weeks. Two months following rhinoplasty you should be able to participate in any recreational activities without damaging your result. Since many surgeons use different guidelines for their patients post-op restrictions,  you should check with your surgeon for specifics. 

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

No physical activity restrictions 2 months after rhinoplasty

+1

At 2 months after the rhinoplasty there are no for physical activity restrictions whatsoever.  It is just important not to get hit very hard on the nose.

+1

This is the sort of question(s) that you must ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon as you are under his or her care post Rhinoplasty.  Be careful seeking and following other surgeons opinions who are not familiar with what was done during your Rhinoplasty.

Limits on Activities 2 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

At 9 weeks after a rhinoplasty I tell my patients there are no limitations on their activities unless they are professional boxers. Having said that, follow your surgeon's post-op instructions.

What Activities 2 Months Post-Op Rhinoplasty?

+1

By two months the nose should be quite stable and resistant to minor trauma but a good idea to wear extra sunscreen on the nose!

Sam Naficy, MD

Rhinoplasty and acitivity

+1

At 9 weeks in my practice, I will let patients do pretty much what they want. Things should be quite healed by that point. It is always best to ask your surgeon.

Activity Level After Rhinoplasty

+1

It is unlikely you would cause any harm to the results of the rhinoplasty 2 months post op. However, the term rhinoplasty includes a very large number of different types of surgery that may be done to the nose. You will need to speak with the surgeon doing the operation to get an accurate answer to your question.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD