Active FX Side Effects - is It Normal to Have Brown Dots the Day After Treatment?

I had Activefx yesterday and have brown dots all over my face today. Is this normal? Thanks

Brown dots

+2

The brown dots can be one of two things.

1. You are not applying adequate amounts of Vaseline and the skin is too dry. Apply more.

2. It can be sun damage. Severe sun damage skin will have a deep brown coloration on the area that had the laser procedure. Still apply the Vaseline.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

It's normal to have brown dots within 2 days of Fractional CO2 laser

+1
Fractional CO2 lasers such as Active FX delivers microscopic pulses of CO2 energy in a fractionated fashion. Brown spots are coagulated areas of direct laser penetration and should gently slough over the next few days provided that you apply frequent and adequate emollients.

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/What_s_New.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon