Active FX and Sculptra Compatible?

I'm considering having both Active FX and Sculptra to fix the deep lines around my eyes. Are they compatible? Which procedure should be done first?

Total FX and Sculptra can work together for fine and deep lines

+1
Total FX and Sculptra are both procedures which cause collagen regeneration. Sculptra will work to replace volume and diminish the lines around the eyes caused by loss of tissue in the cheekbones and temples. Total FX will also help diminish these lines by smoothing the surface. Regardless of which procedure you begin with, I would wait at least 2 weeks between the treatments. I prefer to begin with the laser andthen add the filler. Good luck!

Birmingham Dermatologic Surgeon

Active FX and Sculptra are Compatible and Synergistic

+1

Active and Deep FX can improve deep lines anywhere on the face because the energy delivered by this laser system directly stimulates production of new collagen “from outside in.” Combining this laser treatment with a subdermal, injectable treatment such as Sculptra makes sense because Sculptra also stimulates production of new collagen “from the inside.” Each treatment promotes skin renewal and collagen production in different yet synergistic ways.

The FX treatment should be done first. A hyaluronic-acid based injectable (Restylane or Juvederm) can be done a few weeks after the FX; I recommend waiting 3-6 months before starting a series of Sculptra treatments.  

Daniel Levy, MD
Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Total FX my first choice here

+1

Since Active + Deep FX = Total FX gives such long-lasting results for aging around the eyes, it is my first choice. I usually recommend a little Botox or Dysport 2 weeks before to relax the muscles and allow the skin to heal without as much movement.

While I have used Sculptra in this area, I urge you to be sure your doctor is VERY experienced using Sculptra around the eyes. It is a very advanced technique. If you decide to do both Active FX and Sculptra, I'd do the laser first and wait 6-12 weeks.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist