Is Active FX Treatment Safe While Pregnant?

I am 6 weeks pregnant. Would like to have this procedure done. Let me know if this is safe or not. Thanks.

Active FX during pregnancy

+1

I would not recommend doing this treatment during pregnancy. The procedure itself is unlikely to cause any harm to your baby, but it is an aggressive treatment and puts your body under some stress. In addition, you would require some topical anesthetic at minimum, even for a very light treatment. Also, we usually give the patient medications to help prevent an infection after the treatment. It is best to minimize exposure to drugs and medicines during pregnancy.

Burbank Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.