Bad Laser Peel: How to Fade Laser Treatment Scars

Severe scarring post Active FX laser - PLEASE HELP! I am nearly 8 weeks post-op from the Lumenis Active FX/Deep FX laser on my face. I have 'pock' marks and divets all over the lower 1/2 of my face. The doctor says these will 'fade' but it is incredibly severe. Please help me. Should I seek a second opinion? I had NO scars going in and my face is now 100% worse than before the surgery. Please help!

Scarring after ActiveFX

+1

I am sorry that you are going through such a difficult recovery.  I would definitely go in to see the physician who performed the procedure.  You may need a series of microdermabrasion treatments or scar treatment therapy to reduce the "divets." Gentle massage with a bland emollient on the lower face may help smoothen out some of the scarring but it sounds like you are probably experiencing a negative side effect of laser resurfacing. If you seek a second opinion, I would go to someone who has an Active FX and knows how to manage this kind of complication.

New Haven Dermatologic Surgeon

Recovery after Active FX might take a while

+1

Difficult to answer without seeing you in consultation. Sorry to hear you are going through a difficult recovery. Talk about it with your doctor. Perhaps, a second opinion will be helpful for you. I would discuss this with a doctor who is familiar with the Active FX and other resurfacing treatments.

Sometimes, indeed, it takes a long time to heal after a laser treatment, so hopefully you are just taking longer than the average. We had some patients who took longer than expected, up to 2 - 3 weeks, but ended up with beautiful results.

Stella Desyatnikova, MD