Painful Neck and Jawline After Total FX

I had Total FX (Total FX and Deep FX) with 20% Deep FX around eyes, mouth, and chin. Today is day 3, and my jaw line and neck are burning, feels hot and painful. Advil isn't cutting it. I am using cold pea compresses, but it still remains very hot to touch. I haven't really seen much about this--is this normal, and what should I do? Thank you.

Pain after Total FX

+1

In my patients, there is little to no pain following the procedure itself. Some warmth, swelling and mild irritation is expected following the procedure due to the healing process. However, I tell all my patients to call me immediately if they are experiencing any significant pain or discomfort so I recommend that you call them immediately.

I wish you the best.
Dr. R

Austin Dermatologist

Total FX treatment

+1

If you have noticed change in pain or burning sensation for the worse at this point, call your doctor's office immediately. They need to see you.  It might be a normal reaction, or you migth be having an infection. 

Good luck.

Stella Desyatnikova, MD