Painful Neck and Jawline After Total FX

I had Total FX (Total FX and Deep FX) with 20% Deep FX around eyes, mouth, and chin. Today is day 3, and my jaw line and neck are burning, feels hot and painful. Advil isn't cutting it. I am using cold pea compresses, but it still remains very hot to touch. I haven't really seen much about this--is this normal, and what should I do? Thank you.

Pain after Total FX

In my patients, there is little to no pain following the procedure itself. Some warmth, swelling and mild irritation is expected following the procedure due to the healing process. However, I tell all my patients to call me immediately if they are experiencing any significant pain or discomfort so I recommend that you call them immediately.

I wish you the best.
Dr. R

Austin Dermatologist

1807 Slaughter Lane
Austin, TX 78748

Total FX treatment

If you have noticed change in pain or burning sensation for the worse at this point, call your doctor's office immediately. They need to see you.  It might be a normal reaction, or you migth be having an infection. 

Good luck.

Stella Desyatnikova, MD

509 Olive Way
Seattle, WA 98101