Can Active Fx Cause Drooping Lids and Deep Wrinkles Around the Eyes?

I had the procedure done one month ago and these are issues I now have and am very overwrought about. I now look fifteen years older when I smile.

Active FX Treatment Reactions

+1

Thank you for your question. Active FX is a fractional laser procedure that uses high beam light to stimulate collagen and  smooth out lines, wrinkles and scars, remove brown spots and other irregularities.  It smoothens out texture but does not cause more line, wrinkles, or drooping. Perhaps these lines are more magnified if the rest of your skin looks better. You may want to consider Botox to soften these lines. I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Drooping lids and deep wrinkles after Active FX

+1

I am assuming you had Active FX on your eyelids.  Your eyelid skin may still be swollen and dry from the treatment.  To reduce the swelling, sleep propped up on a couple of pillows.  To reduce the dryness, use a gentle moisturizing cream and avoid eye creams containing retinol, tretinoic acid, or glycolic acid.

Woodland Hills Dermatologic Surgeon