Can I Still Be Active After Calf Muscle Reduction?

I have really thick calves, it looks like I got cankles but I don't. I know my calves are bulky due to my muslces. I want to reduce my calf size but I still want to be active, I'm a dancer so I want to be able to dance even after the surgery, is that possible? I heard certain injections can reduce the muscle but not remove them should I look into this?

+3

Regarding: "Can I Still Be Active After Calf Muscle Reduction?
I have really thick calves, it looks like I got cankles but I don't. I know my calves are bulky due to my muslces. I want to reduce my calf size but I still want to be active, I'm a dancer so I want to be able to dance even after the surgery, is that possible? I heard certain injections can reduce the muscle but not remove them should I look into this
?"

Please be VERY careful what you are asking for. If the size of the calves are due to fat, liposuction may be used to sculpt the fat and reduce the calves. However, the reduction of muscle volume (either sharply by cutting them or by paralyzing segments of them with either Botox or selective nerve branch damage) is extremely controversial and, in my opinion, crosses the border into the unethical and dangerous.

ALL of us depend on our calves to ambulate and cannot take a chance of losing their function. As a dancer you depend on them for your livelihood. There is NO safe or predictable way muscles can be "reduced" without permanent injury and unpredictable loss of strength and function.

Do NOT do it.

Dr. Peter Aldea