Best Course of Action to Fix Tubular Breasts/ptosis? (photo)

Hey everyone! I'm 20 years old and never been pregnant. Every since my breast started developing, they have never been perky. They have always sagged. I recently found out through research that it may be tubular breast deformity. Which possible surgery(s) should I get to correct them? Must I get implants? My primary concern is proportion, lift and smaller areolas. I'm a 36c right now but I want to loose 50lbs? Should I wait till I loose weight to get any kind of surgery? Thanks

Breast lift will help you reach your goal

+2

You say your primary goal is proportion, lift and smaller areola. You do not need implants to achieve this goal unless you wanted larger breasts. A lift can raise your areola up and make your areola smaller.

If you plan to lose 50 pounds, definitely have surgery after weight loss to improve your result and minimize the possibility of needing another lift after weight loss. Furthermore, your breasts may get smaller and change shape after weight loss thus changing your goals or surgical needs. 

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Breast Enhancement

+1
I agree if your going to lose weight than do it before surgery as you will be unhappy with the shape of your breasts after surgery if you lose a ton of weight after that

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Breast Implants and Lift after 50 lb Weight Loss

+1

A patient should definitely lose 50 lbs before surgery.  Losing 50 lbs after surgery would likely have a negative and deflational effect on the final breast result.  If you would like the breasts larger at that point, an implant can be placed and a full breast lift can be perfomed to reduce the areolae and lift the breasts.  Kenneth Hughes, MD HughesPlasticSurgery, Los Angeles, CA

Best course of action.

+1

Thanks for your post and photos.  The best course of action is to consult with at least 3 plastic surgeons, consider your options and goals, and then decide about which is the best operation for your situation. Best wishes. Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Breast Lift Surgery

+1

If you want to lose a significant amount of weight as you say, I would recommend working a bit on that before going in for surgery.  You should consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon about your procedure options but they will likely also recommend that you wait until you are closer to your goal weight for surgery. Judging by your photo, a breast lift should provide you the look you desire.  Your surgeon can also address the size of your areola during this procedure.

Norman M. Rowe, MD

Breast ptosis

+1

The way you appear currently, I would advise a full mastopexy with no implant.  Either an anchor or lollipop type of lift would work.  If you lose weight, there is a good chance an implant might be needed.  An option for you might be to have the full lift now, including reducing the areolae.  When you lose the weight you want to lose an implant can be added if needed.  Granted, this involves two stages, but there is nothing wrong with staging a lift  and implant.   many surgeons prefer to do it that way since it is safer and makes it easier to give you a perky result.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Good plan!

+1

Weight loss is definitely advisable prior to surgery, since you indicate that you want to lose weight.  After that, you can then reassess your breast size and decide if you just want the sizes to better match, or if you want them to be larger.  If the former, then a lift alone will work.  If the latter, then a lift with implants would  be needed.  Best wishes!

Carmen Kavali, MD

Best Course of Action to Fix Tubular Breasts/ptosis?

+1

Getting close to your ideal weight is ALWAYS best! But the staged operations I would recommend are the full lift with areolar reduction as STAGE I. 

Breast lift surgery timed with optimal weight.

+1

Greetings,

We advise our patients to embark upon breast lift (mastopexy) surgery, when they are at or close to their goal weight.  A breast lift followed by a 50 lb. weight loss puts you at risk for longer breasts lacking in your goal volume.

Better breast shape, nipple position, and smaller areolas all are part of a properly planned lift.  Discuss timing for your surgery with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. He (or she) can discuss your volume needs, as well.

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD, DMD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Best Option for Breast Augmentation/Lifting?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

You will certainly be best off achieving a long-term stable weight prior to undergoing any type of breast surgery. At that time, exactly what operation will best meet your goals will depend on your physical examination and specific goals.

Again, when you have achieved a long-term stable weight, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons.  Ask to see lots of examples of their work. Communicate your goals clearly.

For example, if your goal is to raise the breast position on the chest wall  (and reduce the size of the areola), then breast lifting alone will suffice. If, on the other hand, you wish to increase the size of the breasts as well, then breast augmentation as well as breast lifting will be indicated.

Good luck with your continued weight loss.