I Have a Pimple With a Black Dot in it On My Cheek?

Hi Doctors please help i have a pimple on my left cheek with a little black dot in it but its an actual pump i busted it could he be something else and im african american so i dnt think its skin cancer

Blackhead on the cheek

+1

It sounds as if you have what is called an open comedone, or blackhead, on the cheek.  This is a type of acne lesion that represents a clogged, open pore.  When pressure is applied to this type of lesion, an oily paste comes out.  If the lesion is long standing, the black dot may represent the opening of a cyst.  See a board-certified dermatologist to determine what kind of lesion you have and to help you select the right treatment.

Pimple with a black dot is probably a black head

+1

A pimple with a black dot is probably a black head.  Find a great board certified dermatologist to help you.  It might be extractable, or a cream could help. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologist

Pimple with black dot

+1

Hard to say what the pimple with black dot is...it could be a blood scab on top of a pimple, or a small freckle that developed during summertime weather. Best to see your dermatologist for a close inspection.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon