I Have a Pimple With a Black Dot in it On My Cheek?

Hi Doctors please help i have a pimple on my left cheek with a little black dot in it but its an actual pump i busted it could he be something else and im african american so i dnt think its skin cancer

See a doctor about it

+1
Consult a doctor whenever you are unsure of something on your skin. It may be something as simple as a comedone or possibly more serious. All skin types and need to be treated with the same care. Also, this may have to be removed surgically so my recommendation is to have a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist have a look at it first.

Blackhead on the cheek

+1

It sounds as if you have what is called an open comedone, or blackhead, on the cheek.  This is a type of acne lesion that represents a clogged, open pore.  When pressure is applied to this type of lesion, an oily paste comes out.  If the lesion is long standing, the black dot may represent the opening of a cyst.  See a board-certified dermatologist to determine what kind of lesion you have and to help you select the right treatment.

Dina D. Strachan, MD

Pimple with a black dot is probably a black head

+1

A pimple with a black dot is probably a black head.  Find a great board certified dermatologist to help you.  It might be extractable, or a cream could help. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologist

Pimple with black dot

+1

Hard to say what the pimple with black dot is...it could be a blood scab on top of a pimple, or a small freckle that developed during summertime weather. Best to see your dermatologist for a close inspection.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon