I Have Acne Vulgaris on my Back,shoulders Which Turn into Keloids,is There Any Treatment?

Often occuring acne vulgaris on my back,shoulder,chest turn into keloids(confirmed by my dermitologist),, even certain insect bites or wounds suffer the same. Is there any treatment for these keloids,, they appear in large numbers and keep growing slowly but surely.I've also been advised to apply polysiloxane & silicon dioxide gel. Does this realy help when applied over fully formed keloids n how much time does it take? Any other treatment? Please advice.

Treat acne aggressively if you are prone to scarring

+1

Keloids are a type of scar. Although they can be treated, scars are permanent. If you get keloids from acne lesions then consider more aggressive treatment of your acne such as a medicine that treats and possibly cures acne--isotretinoin. Yes, treat the keloids that you have, but focus on preventing future acne flares.

When ance results in scarring, be aggressive with treatment

+1

The best way to treat your acne scars is to try to prevent them from occurring in the first place. It is important to turn off the acne process first, and then go after the scarring. Medicines such as isotretinoin are extremely affective in treating acne, and is often recommended when scarring is present. Once the acne is eliminated, a variety of treatments and procedures can help the scars. For example, keloids often respond to injections with steroids just under the skin. 

Adam J. Mamelak, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne and keloids

+1

Keloids can develop from acne - in this case keloids represent an acne scar. The best way to prevent keoilds from forming is to aggressively treat your acne. Although, this may not prevent keloid formation completely. See your local derm and specifically ask about isotretinoin.

Gary Goldenberg, MD