What Can I Do About These Acne Scars in my Face? (photo)

when i was a teenager i had a lot of acne, and my skin scars very easily.....this left me with these horrible scars, and it really affects my self confidence. when i got to college i had this huge pimple on my nose, and it left me with a huge acne scar that is very noticeable on the tip on my nose.....i want to know what can i do about the nose scar (im desperate really) and what about the rest of the face? right now im using retinoic acid and from time to time getting a tca peel, would that be enough?

The best treatment in my hands is a combination of tumescent anesthesia, subcison and Fraxel Repair Laser performed on one day.

+1

The best treatment in my hands is a combination of tumescent anesthesia, extensive subcision and Fraxel Repair Laser performed as a single procedure.  Rolling scars have scar bands that need to be released to allow the dimpling to relax and flatten.  The Fraxel Repair Laser is used to blend the uneven surface texture.  In  a study that is ready to be published, we saw an average of 72% improvement in a single treatment in 114 patients. 

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne Scars

+1

I think laser woud give you the more permanent and best improvement for the acne scars that you are describing. A mix of fraxel laser and CO2 laser can be used together to target areas for collagen regorwth, with leaving some of the skin in tact so it can better heal and have less downtime. The columns of heat will help stimuate fibroblasts to produce collagen and fill in the scars you describe. This is a permanent change and patients are overall very happy with results from laser treatment for acne scars.

Eric Schweiger, MD

Treatment of shallow acne scars

+1

The treatment of shallow acne scars includes: dermabrasion (not to be confused with microdermabrasion, which is different), carbon dioxide laser resurfacing, erbium laser resurfacing, and TCA peels.  I prefer dermabrasion and carbon dioxide laser resurfacing, but all can be used with good results.

Robert S. Bader, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon