I Know That Acne Scars Can Never Be Completely Removed but in Some Cases is It Possible to Achieve a 90-95 Percent Improvement?

I Know That Acne Scars Can Never Be Completely Removed but in Some Cases is It Possible to Achieve a 90 - 95 Percent Improvement?

Acne Scars Can Be Improved with AppropriateTreatments

+3

We have several different treatments to improve acne scars and usually the treatments utilized depends on the type of scarring, skin color and skin type.  In many cases, we can achieve a 90-95% improvement, but in some cases we achieve a little less, again depending on the type and severity of the scars. Treatment options include injectable fillers, electrosurgery, laser, chemical peeling, and punch excision.  I recommend you consult with a board-certified dermatologist experienced in treating all types of acne scars on all types of skin.  If you still have active acne, I recommend you also treat that aggressively so as to avoid additionally acne scarring. Click on the link below to see before and after photos of patients with varying types and degrees of acne scars treated mostly with injectable filler and resurfacing with electrosurgery.

Hello

+1

In our practice and I’m sure every practice has their own way of treating acne scars. We have laser treatments and or a mini facelift to stretch out the skin. We have Profractional laser treatment and micro laser peels. Those procedures will improve your acne scars dramatically.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Acne scar treatments

+1

Its tough to get 90-95% improvement.  I do think its possible for some patients, but certainly not a guarantee.  Its also hard to measure an exact percentage of improvement, its very subjective.  Find a good doctor and get second opinions to make sure of your treatment plan.  good luck.

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologist

Acne Scars and achieving 90-95 improvement is this possible

+1

Getting 90-95 % improvement with Acne scars is going to be tough. Acne scarring is one of the toughest things to treat. Acne affects the whole layer of skin and the layers below all the way to muscle and sometimes it can even involve this layer in extreme cases. My opinion is that Acne scarring is a multi layered approach. Excision, subcision, geometric line closures, skin grafting, fat grafting, fillers, laser resurfacing, TCA CROSS, Dermabrasion, Dermasanding, aggressive skin care can all play a roll in the healing of the acne scars. You have to be realistic though.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne scars can be significantly improved with treatment.

+1

The improvement primarily depends on how far gone the scarring is. Baseline severity of the scar is a big factor in determining your end outcome. So, as regards your 90-95%, while it may be possible in mild/ moderate scarring, overall, you can expect a good improvement with acne treatment. Also, it would be wise to set realistic expectations for your outcome, to avoid feeling let down later. Do be particular to discuss your expectations with your doctor.

Good luck!

Renita Lourdhurajan, MD, DNB
India Dermatologist