Acne Scars and Tomato?

couple of months ago i used tomato pulp on my acne scars and it worked great, then i went to the dermatologist and i got a chemical peel(50%). 2 weeks later after the peel i applied tomato pulp on my face,my skin got dry and my question is when can i apply tomato pulp after a chemical peel?? is it safe? cause when i used tomato my scars were dissapearing really quick btw i did another chemical peel 3 weeks ago.

Acne Scars

+1

Thank you for your question. I would advise to refrain from the tomato as there is acid in the fluid and this will increase the depth of peel.  Peels penetrate at various depths and at some point you could drive the chemicals too deep and affect your pigment in a negative way.  If you want a deeper peel, ask your practitioner.  I recommend you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has experience and expertise in acne and scarring. You may need a series of an aggressive peel, and leave the tomatoes for food applications.  The risk is too high.  They contain Ascorbic acid, and the risk is real. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist