Acne Scar Removal - Post Acne Red Marks, Mild Textural Irregulaity - What Are my Options?

I used to have acne on my cheeks with the occasional breakout but what bothers me most is the red marks and slight textural (only seen when looking very close up in a mirror) irregularity that really bothers me. i have tried, microdermabrasion with TCA peels and more recently i have done - 6 Photo-rejuvenation (ellipse machine) treatments with TCA, 1 photodynamic with ALA (pain unbearable!) and E-Matrix. I still need improvement. What is the best option to take now with my current skin status?

Red marks and scars post acne

+1
Red marks from acne usually fade over time. To accelerate this process, IPL ( intense pulsed light) can help. Textural changes might also, slowly, improve after IPL. Resurfacing proceedures, such as Jessners peels, TCA peels, or lasers will likely require multiple treatments.

Hello

+1

The options you have for your acne scars are Laser treatment, as Profractional laser or even a mini face lift to stretch out the skin and get rid of the scars. Fillers are not long lasting results. You should look into laser. Good luck

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Red and Indented Scars

+1

Hi Rose.  We use Erbium laser resurfacing for textured acne scars.  The old saying "no pain, no gain" goes for laser resurfacing.  The less downtime you have, generally the smaller the improvement.  Traditional CO2 is great, but can have several weeks of downtime.  Microdermabrasion is the opposite end of the spectrum with a very easy recovery but no results.

The key is to find a practitioner that can show you some before and after pictures of THEIR OWN patients that look like you.  This will give you a better idea of whether they can help or not.

Finally, we use pulsed dye lasers for red acne scars, but resurfacing should help as well.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD