Microdermabrasion A Good Tx For Acne Scars?

I have acne scars on my cheeks. Is microdermasion work on my acne scar? I in Australia Brisbane. Does anyone knows any doctor in Australia Brisbane is good on laser treatment? These scar just like nightmare/ hell for me. I lost my confident in front of people. I begging u all please give me some information if u know the doctor who is good on laser treatment in Brisbane. Thanks

Microdermabrasion for acne scars

+2

Microdermabrasion is really a non-surgical exfoliating treatment for dull or rough skin, age spots, fine lines, wrinkles, and sun damage. It can help to improve very superficial acne scarring but it sounds as if you scars are much more severe and would have little improvement with microdermabrasion. Several aggressive, fractional ablative treatments with the carbon dioxide laser would be your best choice.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/microdermabrasion/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Microdermabrasion is worthless for acne scars

+2

I have seen many patients over the years who wasted a lot of time and money on microdermabrasion, and found that it is worthless for acne scars.

The reason why microdermabrasion is worthless for acne scars is that acne scars extend down into the deep dermis, while microderabrasion only affects the superficial epidermis - 1-2 mm above the scar.

REAL dermabrasion, or fractional ABLATIVE laser, can be useful for acne scars.

See Dr. Greg Griffiths in Melbourne Australia for excellent care of your acne scars, if you can get to Melbourne.

Niagara Falls Dermatologic Surgeon