Additional Procedure for Acne Scar to Complement Fraxel Repair?

My mind is pretty much set on Fractional ablative laser to treat these acne scars, but I would like to know if you would recommend a prior procedure, like subcision or punch elevation, to strengthen the effects of the laser.

Thanks a lot doctors and patients for the useful information we can find here.

Adjunct Treatments in Addition to Fraxel repair in the Treatment of Acne Scars

+1

Hi Merry,

I have treated patients who have had prior treatments with subcision and rolling, as well as acne scar patients who have not had any treatments prior to fractional CO2 laser. I have not noticed a significant difference in the ultimate results after Fraxel repair (fractionated CO2) treatments.

As some moms tell their children about chicken soup and colds, if you have some additional treatments prior to your Fraxel reapir laser whether or not it helps, "It won't hurt."

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.