I Had Acne for 2 Years, and Now Im Suffering from Acne Scars on my Cheeks, How To Treat?

im using contractubex gel since 2 days now.. i apply it once a day on my face because it causes me irritation and itching.. should i continue applying it several times a day? please help :)

Contractubex for acne scarring

+1

I have not seen much studies on this medication nor is it a standard in the our surgical community. The acne scars will require different approaches. I like the multilayered approach to acne and co2 laser resurfacing plays a part in the process.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Re: Treatment for Acne Scars on the Cheeks

+1

You may be experiencing an allergic reaction. Cepae extract is the active ingredient which is extracted from onions. If you have any type of sensitivity to onions, this might explain the irritation and itching. It would probably be best to stop using this product. But also speak to your doctor about this as well.

Many patients have experienced successful results in undergoing laser treatment for their acne scars. However it is important to understand how this works. Scar tissue is made of collagen fibers, which is present everywhere in your skin. The only difference with your acne scars is the way these fibers are arranged.

Lasers apply heat to deeper layers of skin (dermis). As a reaction to this, your skin will produce new and normal collagen fibers. The objective of these procedures is to change the collagen structures of the acne scars tissue.

Spectra can be used to address milder forms of acne scars. Moderate to severe cases can benefit from Fraxel Dual. It is important to seek the help of a board certified dermatologist who specializes in using lasers for acne scars. 

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Stop using this product

+1

Contractubex gel should not be used by anyone with sensitivity to onions. Do you have that? Additionally, it has extreme sensitivity to light and sun, so Egypt really may NOT be the place to use a medication like this. With that being said, I also don't think this medicine is all that effective and Hydrocortisone 2.5% is cheaper, non irritating, and doesn't have any of the complications that Contractubex gel has. If it's that bad, stop using it - it's not worth it!

Second, it sounds like what you have is post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH). These discolorations usually resolve over time, after active acne is no longer present. However, it can take a year or more for this to happen.  If you really don't have any active acne and all you have is left over red marks and lesions, then the treatment I'd recommend would be light IPL treatments or Cutera Genesis. I often recommend these treatments for post acne patients with PIH, but only if they truly no longer have any active acne.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Acne scar treatments

+1

There are many treatments for acne marks, depending on the specific problem.

There are discoloration marks - either red marks or brown marks. The red ones respond so well to a laser called Vbeam. The brown spots respond well to chemical peels and fading agents

.
Sometimes there is a raised, or keloid spot. They need injection. Vbeam laser can also help with this.

The uneven surface can be treated with Fraxel laser to create a smooth surface, shrink pores and treat wrinkles at the same time.

Tanya Kormeili, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist