Acne Breakout 5 Weeks Post Rhinoplasty/septoplasty/turbinoplasty?

I had rhinoplasty,septoplasty, & turbinoplasty 5 weeks ago and my skin just started to erupt with tiny pimples/bumps on the bridge of my nose (inbetween my eyebrows). The breakout spread down my nose and up my forehead. However, the whiteheads are only on my nose. I had mild acne rosacea before the surgery, but it was under control with an antibiotic wash and topical gel (which I still use). I've never had pimples on my nose before. Could this be related to surgery? If so, why so delayed?

Acne outbreak after rhinoplasty caused by splint and tape

+1

Thank you for your question. The nasal splint tape and possibly soap used during your rhinoplasty can block the oil glandson the skin of your nose and cheeks and result in mid or acne outbreaks. See your surgeon and see if topical antibiotic therapy is indicated.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-rhinoplasty-nose-surgery/

Post operative milia following a rhinoplasty

+1

This is more likely to be milia and not acne on your nose.  It may be related to oil glands that were covered during the early recovery time.  Proper skin care should clear up the problem.  Your plastic surgeon should be able to assist you in unroofing these areas.  

Rhinoplasty can trigger modest outbreak of acne on the nose.

+1

Trauma to the nose which rhinoplasty certainly is can trigger the organelles in the skin of the nose to become hyperactive. This can create a temporary acne outbreak.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,25-atlanta-rhinoplasty.htm