Can I Do an Acid Peel (Either TCA 12% or Glycolic 70%) a Few Days Before Getting Radiesse and Juvederm?

This is the only week for the next four months that I will be off of work. I would like to do a TCA or Glycolic (I've had both before and tolerated them well) so that I have the next few days to peel in privacy. However, I have an appointment to get juvederm in one cheek and radiesse along my jawline later this week. Will having the peel make me more likely to scar? Thanks!

Superficial peels and fillers

+1

You can have superficial peels a few days after facial filler injections. In fact, you can even have them the same day.

Superficial chemicals peels and tissue fillers combine well

+1

A superficial chemical peel with a 14%TCA or 70% glycolic peel will not impact the outcome of Radiesse and Juvederm later in the week.  It would be better to do the tissue fillers before the peel as the skin prep prior to the tissue filler might irritate the freshly peeling skin.

Sugar Land Dermatologic Surgeon

TCA peel

+1

Yes there is no reason whta you can not have a TCA peel and Botox or fillers.  Many surgeons, combine superficial peels with procedures such as facelift or neck lift. 

Peels & Fillers

+1

If you are having a superficial peel, it should be perfectly okay to have the fillers in a week's time.With fat transfer, it is not unusual to combine fat transfer with peel procedures in the same session.

Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

Important to wait

+1
While combination therapy is key, it is important to space out certain treatments. Peels are a great way to enhance epidermal feel, even color and remodel collagen. They do have a downtime given due to swelling and redness, it is important to wait before further treatments are undertaken. For peels, a 10-14 day wait period is important before fillers and any injectable is undertaken. This is important to know the correct amount that needs to be injected and achieving a successful cosmetic result.
Dubai Dermatologist

Acid peel (either TCA 12% or Glycolic 70%) a few days before getting Radiesse and Juvederm

+1

I would wait a full week to 10 days before getting filler injection if I had a peel first. This allows better skin healing. From MIAMI DR. B

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.