Achy Pain in Left Breast?

My silicone implants were placed under the muscle through the areolas 11 days ago. Recovery was great. PS said he was really impressed at 1 week check up. Today I got discomfort in my right breast. I thought it was the bra I had on (it was tight) but I changed into a sports bra & the pains still there. Its achy at the incision & at the bottom of the breast. It's also sore when I touch the top & side towards my armpit. My left breast doesn't hurt. My right one hurts even more when it's massaged.

Achy Pain in One Breast Post-op?

+1

While it's common to have more pain on one side than the other the overall experience should be that symptoms are the same or better with each passing day.  A small step backward is common but with the continued disparity you're describing I would advise you to contact your PS and make sure that that's all it is.  If you have fever, redness, chills, sweats, significant and worsening asymmetry then it's more worrisome but, either way, you should be seen in person.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Postop Pain

+1

Sounds like you have postop pain. Breast massage at this time is unlikely to help. Consider being re-examined by your surgeon to be re-assured. ALl the best.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Pain after Breast Augmentation?

+1

It is not uncommon to have more pain on one side than the other. Sometimes it's just that you have been more active using that side. I strongly recommend you have your Plastic Surgeon take a quick peek just to make sure all is ok. Sounds very normal especially this soon post op.

Jennifer L. Harrington MD

Jennifer Harrington, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Symptoms 2 weeks post augmentation

+1

can vary widely from side to side so its not uncommon to experience what you describe.  However, if you have appreciable changes in the skin such as redness and warmth as opposed to the left side, you should let your surgeon know.  Without any physical changes, my patients are told to treat their symptoms with their medications.  And if your surgeon allows you to take anti-inflammatories, it is something you can add.

Curtis Wong, MD

Pain after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Your description of “achy pain” 11 days after breast augmentation surgery is not too concerning. However, your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise/reassure you meaningfully.

Post-op pain after Breast Surgery

+1

It is normal to experience some pain and discomfort after surgery.  Be sure to follow up with your Plastic Surgeon to be certain that you are healing normal without complications.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Achy breast after implant surgery

+1

While it is normal to have some discomfort after surgery. If it seems a bit more than anticipated, it is best to see your doctor to make sure everything is ok.

Pain after breast augmentation

+1

Although some discomfort after breast augmentation is typical, it is best in the early stages to stay in close touch with your surgeon;s office regarding any concerns - it would be best to give your operating surgeon's office a call regarding your concerns.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD