Achy Pain in Left Breast?

My silicone implants were placed under the muscle through the areolas 11 days ago. Recovery was great. PS said he was really impressed at 1 week check up. Today I got discomfort in my right breast. I thought it was the bra I had on (it was tight) but I changed into a sports bra & the pains still there. Its achy at the incision & at the bottom of the breast. It's also sore when I touch the top & side towards my armpit. My left breast doesn't hurt. My right one hurts even more when it's massaged.

Achy Pain in One Breast Post-op?

While it's common to have more pain on one side than the other the overall experience should be that symptoms are the same or better with each passing day.  A small step backward is common but with the continued disparity you're describing I would advise you to contact your PS and make sure that that's all it is.  If you have fever, redness, chills, sweats, significant and worsening asymmetry then it's more worrisome but, either way, you should be seen in person.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

122 East 64th Street
New York, NY 10065

Postop Pain

Sounds like you have postop pain. Breast massage at this time is unlikely to help. Consider being re-examined by your surgeon to be re-assured. ALl the best.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

6499 E. Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43213

Pain after Breast Augmentation?

It is not uncommon to have more pain on one side than the other. Sometimes it's just that you have been more active using that side. I strongly recommend you have your Plastic Surgeon take a quick peek just to make sure all is ok. Sounds very normal especially this soon post op.

Jennifer L. Harrington MD

Jennifer Harrington, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

2805 Campus Drive
Plymouth, MN 55441

Symptoms 2 weeks post augmentation

can vary widely from side to side so its not uncommon to experience what you describe.  However, if you have appreciable changes in the skin such as redness and warmth as opposed to the left side, you should let your surgeon know.  Without any physical changes, my patients are told to treat their symptoms with their medications.  And if your surgeon allows you to take anti-inflammatories, it is something you can add.

Curtis Wong, MD

1950 Rosaline Avenue
Redding, CA 96001

Pain after Breast Augmentation?

Your description of “achy pain” 11 days after breast augmentation surgery is not too concerning. However, your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise/reassure you meaningfully.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Post-op pain after Breast Surgery

It is normal to experience some pain and discomfort after surgery.  Be sure to follow up with your Plastic Surgeon to be certain that you are healing normal without complications.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

980 Johnson Ferry Road
Atlanta, GA 30342

Achy breast after implant surgery

While it is normal to have some discomfort after surgery. If it seems a bit more than anticipated, it is best to see your doctor to make sure everything is ok.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Pain after breast augmentation

Although some discomfort after breast augmentation is typical, it is best in the early stages to stay in close touch with your surgeon;s office regarding any concerns - it would be best to give your operating surgeon's office a call regarding your concerns.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

2150 South Rainbow
Las Vegas, NV 89146