How could I achieve a smaller, more rounded chin? (photo)

I wouldn't say my chin is too big, but it is quite square, and I feel it sticks out (particularly when I smile). I'd like to achieve a smaller/rounder chin and a cleaner jawline. Would I benefit from a chin reduction perhaps? Or something else? I've attached two photos: the first being an example of how my chin sticks out when I smile. The second, an edit of what I'd like to achieve, alongside an unedited photo.

How could I achieve a smaller, more rounded chin?

+1
   Burring of the bone to reduce it would be reasonable, but an exam would be helpful as well as a discussion of your goals and maintaining facial proportions.

Smaller chin

+1
There are two options and I would have to see a true side (profile) view to give you the best answer. 
1) Reduction Genioplasty by burring the anterior surface.
2) Reduction Genioplasty with two parallel osteotomies and removal of intervening segment (width 2-5 mm depending on current overprojection).

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

Chin reduction

+1
The are 2 basic ways to treat a pronounced chin.  It depends on you occlusion (bite).  If your you have an  underbite, then braces and shortening the entire jaw would probably be needed.  If your bite is normal, the shaving the jawbone and/or reducing the chin soft tissue can help.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD

Chin shape

+1
There are a few factors to consider since the narrowness of the jaw will affect how the chin looks. However the shape you present is very viable.

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon