Can I Achieve These Results with Chin Implant? (photo)

I'm a 35-year-old man who has a very receding chin. I don't believe it's caused by genes. Me and one of my sisters were both "strangled" by the umbilical cord, causing less blood to head and brain. We have weak chins. My head was always small but the skull has grown okay, while my chin never developed. During puberty I had issues with head size and didn't chew my food good (because it made head appear smaller). May have contributed. How pricey would an operation be? Are my wishes reasonable?

A Chin Implant would give You a Nice result!

+1
A chin augmentation would provide a nice result and very close to your projected photograph! Price varies from surgeon to surgeon. I would suggest consulting with a few surgeons and they will give you various quotes depending on the exact procedure and anesthesia being used! Best regards!

Improving the appearance of the profile with chin augmentation

+1

It is possible to improve the appearance of your profile with a chin augmentation. Based on your photos, you may also benefit from liposuction of the chin area. I would recommend a consultation with a board certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon.  He/she may use computer morphing software to give you an idea of the final outcome of your surgery. A chin augmentation alone can range from $5,000-$6,000. Thanks and good luck!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Chin Implant for Receding Chin

+1

I think that the result you indicated is quite possible with a chin augmentation. The cost varies widely depending if this is an office procedure under local anesthesia or in a hospital or outpatient surgery center under general anesthesia, type of implant, etc.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Chin implant and possibly submental liposuction

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos.  Based upon these photos, you would possibly benefit from a chin implant and submental liposuction.  Your concerns are common especially with people who have your similar chin and neck anatomy. I would recommend an evaluation with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon.

Edward S. Kwak, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I Achieve These Results with Chin Implant? (photo

+1

Yes that is very possible but only in person examination/measurements are in order. seek this in person consults. 

Chin augmentation with chin implant

+1

Although no surgeon can guarantee you will look like your morphed after photo,  I believe a chin augmentation with a chin implant and possible neck liposuction could achieve similar results in your case.  Before undergoing the procedure, see that your surgeon evaluates your bite (occlusion) as you may be a candidate for a mandibular advancement.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

You're a very good candidate for a chin implant

+1

A chin implant is routinely performed under IV sedation. You could get results similar to those you've presented with a chin implant. The cost varies by surgeon and region but is typically about $3000-4000 in the Denver area. I hope this is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant is the answer

+1

A chin implant with possible liposuction under the chin in the same operative sitting can give a result like you morphed. The costs would likely range from $3000 to $5000.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon