What could be done to achieve a straighter and smaller nose? (Photo)

Hello Doctors, As you can see from the pictures i have a overdeveloped , unequal lower lateral cartilage, i also have a deviated septum , which results in a nose that slants more to the left. I am considering rhinoplasty , and was wondering would it be possible to get rid of the bulbous tip , as well as straighten the nose? Thank you for your time.

How To Get A Smaller, Straighter Nose

+2
Hi.  A standard reduction rhinoplasty with an alar base reduction would do the trick.  You should make sure that you see a surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty and can show you many before and after photos.  Good luck.  

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Straighter and Smaller Nose

+2
Rhinoplasty surgery by an experienced surgeon will achieve the goals you describe. A complete examination of your nose will be done during consultation.

Straighter and smaller nose?

+2
The areas that concern you can be realistically improved with an artistically performed rhinoplasty and septoplasty by a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in performing nasal surgery. There are a variety of surgical techniques that can be utilized depending on your particular anatomy and desired outcome.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)  that you trust and are comfortable with. If you are seeking a plastic surgeon out of the United States, he or she should be a member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS). You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

What could be done to achieve a straighter and smaller nose?

+2
  The bulbous tip can be refined and the nose can be straightened. 

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Rhinoplasty in men

+2
You certainly can get a rhinoplasty to potentially correct the problems you mention but you would need to be seen in person.

Can I Get My nose to straighten and my tip have better definition

+2
Yes, you can definitely have those two things.  It is not that difficult of a procedure for what you are asking.  The main reason is that your nose is not that crooked so it would not be hard.  
to Straighten the nose, you would need to first separate the septum from the bones and see what is crooked.  depending on what the problem is, y ou would straigthen it.
Asfor the bulbous tip, first you would trim the lower lateral cartilages so that they are even and then use stitches to bring them together so that itis narrower. 

good luck with everything!

Bivik Rajnikant Shah, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Reduction Rhinoplasty

+2
Reducing the size of the nose (in whichever dimension) is the most common request for cosmetic rhinoplasty.  Consequently, many different techniques have been developed through the years to deliver your desired results.  

While by no means simple, the issues that present themselves in your photos are relatively straightforward. The two major areas for improvement in your case are:
  1. Bulbous nasal tip
  2. Wide nasal dorsum
These two issues can be addressed through either an endonasal (closed) rhinoplasty or via an external (open) rhinoplasty.  There are advantages and disadvantages to each, though I'd offer you the endonasal approach if you were my patient.

Correcting these issues will require trimming part of the tip cartilage to allow it to look more refined (less bulbous).  In addition, you will require cuts in the nasal bones, called "osteotomies."  It are these cuts that will lead, unfortunately, to bruising and discomfort.  However, that will allow your nose to become more narrow and straight.  You may also require a "hump" reduction if you have a bump on the bridge of your nose.

Andrew Winkler, MD
Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous tip, asymmetry of the nose?

+2
It appears that the nasal base is wider than the bone base so be careful with osteotomies.  The Bulbous tip can be reshaped but you need to look at the nose as a whole so all the parts fit together.  The depression on the left is likely an old injury that can be repaired with grafting.

Jeffrey Ditesheim, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip and septoplasty for deviated septum

+2
The bulbous tip is addressed during the cosmetic rhinoplasty with tip suturing techniques and sometimes a conservative cartilage removal. To straighten the nasal bones, medial and lateral osteotomies are required. A cartilaginous spreader graft and also be placed underneath the concave upper lateral cartilage to help with symmetry and airflow management.
A deviated septum is repaired with a procedure known as a septoplasty which is completely different than a rhinoplasty. This involves removal of twisted cartilage and bone in the back of the nose obstructing airflow and is performed for medical necessity.

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip and crooked nose.

+2
Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip and crooked nose can be done to give u a better airway as well as a more attractive nose. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.