How can I achieve more prominent cheekbones? (photo)

I have flat cheeks and am looking for more volume. I did two vials of radiesse six months ago but saw no improvement in my upper cheekbone area. Am I a candidate for cheek implants? Why do most doctors shy away from this procedure?

Voluma for more prominent cheekbones

+1
If you are looking for more volume to the cheekbones, my suggestion is to learn more about Voluma. Voluma instantly restores lost volume in the cheek area, giving you a softer contour to the face. Good luck!

There are multiple surgical and non-surgical options to augment flat cheeks.

+1

Injectable fillers are a non-surgical option for augmenting the cheek area. They have the advantage that can be done in the office setting as a walk-in. Injectable fillers usually have minimal downtime. In order to achieve a good midface augmentation result with injectable fillers, patients may require up to 6 syringes of injectable filler per cheek (average 9 to 12 syringes per face). The longevity of this technique depends on the type of filler used. Midface argumentation with injectable fillers may last between 6 months, 1 year (Restylane, Juvederm, etc.), and two years ( Voluma).

Cheek augmentation with implants is a surgical option to improve the deficient midface. Implants are usually placed through an incision inside the mouth. This procedure requires general anesthesia. Midface augmentation with implants is considered a permanent procedure until the implants are removed.

Cheek augmentation with fat transfer is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that can significantly improve midface deficiency without the need of using implants or short-lasting fillers. Midface augmentation with autologous (own) fat transfer can last up to 7 years. Since the procedure uses patient’s own fat as filler, the source is sufficient if large volumes of fat shall be required. It can be performed under local anesthesia with minimal discomfort/pain; thus avoiding the risks and cost associated with going to sleep (general anesthesia)

John Mesa, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon

Augmenting My Cheeks

+1

You have done an excellent job morphing your pictures to demonstrate strong, defined cheeks consistent with your surrounding facial features. You are an excellent candidate for the placement of cheek implants, providing a permanent result. We have been doing this procedure for many years and continue to recommend this approach.

Many ways to achieve cheek augmentation

+1

There are currently many methods for augmenting the malar area. Injectable solutions such as Sculptra, Radiesse and the new product, Voluma are popular and effective office procedures which in experienced hands produce reliable results. Surgical options include fat transfer and placement of cheek implants, both of which can be effective solutions for the right patient. A personal consultation with your surgeon of choice would best outline your options.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

How can I achieve more prominent cheekbones?

+1

Options include fillers like Radiesse or now Juvederm Voluma, Fat grafts, cheek implant operation. I prefer fat grafts of some volume like 10 cc's or more. The reason there is a decreasing use of cheek implants is the infection rates..

Cheek augmentation for prominent cheekbones

+1

Cheek implants are a permanent solution to restore cheek volume loss that occurs with the aging process. Cheek implants are manufactured and a variety of sizes and shapes which is best determined at time of the consultation and examination. The implants are composed of Silastic, are inserted through an intra-oral approach under a brief general anesthetic. For more information about the implants themselves and our cheek implant photo gallery, please see link below

Cheek implants a definite possibility

+1

Many patients like you are hesitant to do cheek implants as it is a surgical procedure with complications in the wrong hands. I do believe you would be a candidate for Voluma, a new HA that can last up to 2 years to see if you like the look. Seek a plastic surgeon with a good deal of experience in dealing with cheek augmentation by various means to obtain the best results. Good Luck, Dr. Schuster in Boca Raton.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Achieving permanent prominent cheekbones.

+1

You are an excellent candidate for having cheek implants which are the permanent solution to the problem. We have done this for more than 35 years and cannot understand why more people do not do this. You're only risk is a very small risk of an infection where the implant would need to be removed and later replaced.