Can I Achieve Lips That Look Like This with Juvederm Lip Injections? (Photo)

I'm 17 years old and considering in getting lip injections. I want a more pouty look and also have a smile that shows less of my gums. I want my lips to look as natural as possible and avoid the "duck lip"

Too much added lip volume alters lip action

+2

Adding lip volume can sometimes give you a look you don't expect. Juvederm is a great product, but any product used for the lips must be injected carefully and conservatively so that you don't end up with unintended mobility issues.

Remember that the muscles surrounding the mouth make your smile "yours" and adding filler to achieve a heavily "pouty" look to what I see as already pretty feminine lips could change your smile - You don't want that because yours is naturally lovely.

At 17 it's normal to be little over-self-critical and want to change things. But if you were my niece or daughter I'd certainly discourage you from having fillers. Lip gloss or lip moisturizers will automatically make your lips appear a little plumper.  And skipping sodas, sugar and coffee drinks will minimize dehydration and keep you skin - and lips - looking prettier.

Los Angeles Dermatologist

Can I Achieve Lips That Look Like This with Juvederm Lip Injections?

+1

PLease share this answer with your parents since you are under 18.  Try lip injections with fillers like Juvederm or Restylane to see if it gives you the desired look.

Consider HA fillers for soft, natural lip enhancement

+1

Yes, you can achieve a very natural looking lip fullness without overcorrection using hyaluronic acid based fillers, which should last between 6 and 12 months. I prefer juvederm, restylane and belotero because of the finer texture and smaller particle size compared to other products. Proper shape and proportion are keys to successful results, and the look and feel is soft and natural!

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

+1

Injectable products such as Juvederm can be used to enhance existing lip structure.  However, they cannot change the fundemental characteristics of a lip.  For example, if a lip has always been small, thin, and straight, injections do not make them full, lush, with a heart shaped bow.  In other words, you can't create a mountain bike tire from a 10-speed tire by simply adding more air!  You mut have realistic expectations when undergoing lip enhancement.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm for Lip Augmentation

+1

Yes, Juvederm is an excellent product for lip augmentation.  But as the other responders noted, you have very nice lips and I would not suggest this type of procedure at 17 years of age.  

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation with Juvederm

+1

Juvederm can be used to enhance one's pout, especially the upper lip with smiling.  However, the important thing is to keep a natural and balanced appearance.  If you are 17 years old, I would discourage you from having something done now and recommend that you wait a few years before reconsidering.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Juvedrem for Lip Augmentation

+1

Juvederm is an excellent product to augment the lips but I don't agree with extremely large lips that do not look natural. You have very pretty lips; I discourage you from changing them.

Juvederm and lip injections

+1

Juvederm is a great filler but will plump up your lips a significant degree.  I personally think that it will look too plump at 17 and you should wait until you are a little older.

Michele S. Green, MD

What age to start lip fllers?

+1

I agree with my colleagues, if you want natural looking lips and you are 17 years old, you already HAVE beautiful lips. Leave them alone if you want them to look natural!!

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Full lips with Juvederm

+1

You certainly could achieve the lips you included in your posting.  I too would be reluctant to offer fillers to a 17 year old.  Are you aware you would need a parents signature on the consent as you are still legally a minor?  When you hit your 18th birthday and can sign as an adult, go for it if that is where you want to spend your money.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon