Can I Achieve an Inner Thigh Gap with Lipo? (photo)

Is it possible for me to achieve that beautiful SPACE or GAP between my thighs with liposuction? My thighs constantly rub, making running/walking/jogging difficult when i work out, and it wears out my pants. It also makes me extremely self conscious. Can this be achieved on me? Thanks in advance!

Inner thich liposuction

+3

From your pictures I can see what bothers you. I do think some size reduction in your inner thigh can be achieved so that the thighs do not rub as much as they do at present, but that area of the body has its limitations on how well the skin can shrink. For that reason, although there will be an improvement, there might not be as much of a change as you are visualizing in your mind.

Medial Thigh Liposuction Candidate?

+3

Thank you for the question and picture.

You may be an excellent candidate for liposuction of the medial thigh area.  This determination will be made after careful physical examination. Physical examination will be necessary to evaluate the amount of adipose tissue present and the quality of the overlying skin. In this area,  skin tends to be quite thin  and often demonstrates less elasticity than other areas (for example lateral thighs).  For this reason, the majority of patients I see in my practice who are interested in this procedure will be advised not to have it done.  It is better not to have the procedure performed then to end up with significant skin contour irregularity and/or loose skin.

I would also suggest that you achieve your long-term stable weight ( if you are not already there)  prior to proceeding with any type of liposuction.

Do your due diligence carefully when selecting your plastic surgeon.

A gap is possible

+3

Thanks for your question. I think it is a reasonable goal to expect a gap after liposuction of your inner thighs.  Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Inner thigh liposuction

+3

Nothing makes a person look taller and thinner than a gap between your thighs.  From your photos you should be a good candidate.  An examine by an experienced plastic surgeon could clarify whether this is realistic. 

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

+3

Based only on review of the posted photo I believe this is attainable by liposuction. Best to seek a boarded PS to evaluate in person. 

Liposuction will help inner thighs

+3

Thank you for your question tinkerbelle.  If the rubbing between your thighs is in fact fat then liposuction will help you achieve a more esthetic look.  Just from your photos it does not appear you need am outer thigh liposuction.  I don't see evidence of skin wrinkling or poor tone from this photo.  Do your homework and make sure you are evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon who can determine if a liposuction or thigh lift will give you the best result.  Good luck, Dr. Schuster in Boca Raton.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for Inner Thighs

+2

Thank you for adding the photo. It helps. Yes, it is possible to achieve a "Gap" between the inner thighs with liposuction. However, it is not always attainable - and depends on the amount of fatty tissue, and the bone structure of the individual patient. The inner thigh is an area where the skin can be "crepey" after liposuction - so overdoing the area isn't a good idea. Your first step is to make a liposuction consultation with a well experienced physician. The speciality of the physician (be it a plastic surgeon, or a dermatologic surgeon) is actually not as important as understanding their level of expertise, their facility, and the whether you have a good repore with their office and the doctor. Good luck.

Jennifer Reichel, MD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Inner thigh issues

+2

Inner thigh rubbing can be a problem.  Liposuction , may help to thin them out but be careful, because over aggressive liposuction can cause the skin to hang more and then you may require a thigh lift.

Inter-Thigh Space and Liposuction

+2

Ideally, there should be a narrow space between the thighs when the feet are in a relaxed stance. Depending on the amount of fat and the quality of skin along the inner thigh liposuction can be a great procedure. However, in some removing great amounts of fat can result in hanging skin or worse, in a a " Shark Bite"  deformity. See a good Plastc surgeon to properly advise you. 

Inner thigh liposuction goals

+2

It is hard to say exactly how you would do with inner thigh liposuction without seeing you in person - you should meet with a Board-certified plastic surgeon to get the full answer on this one. It looks like you have good quality skin and focal, not diffuse, fat, so you should do well with liposuction.

Michele A. Shermak, MD