Can I Achieve an Hourglass Figure? (photo)

It has been 6 months post op. I had lipo of the lower abs as well as the love handles taken. Is it possible to achieve an hourglass figure? According to the photos, can more fat be taken out? Those pockets of fat on my hips are they removable? I personally feel like the Dr. did not take out as much as I had asked, nor was my surgery equivalent to what I paid.

Can I Achieve an Hourglass Figure?

+2

You have a decent result, but you want a dramatic result.  Some plastic surgeons are more conservative than others.  You may have more fat, but only an exam will determine this.  You will need to find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures per year and feels comfortable liposuctioning more.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Hourglass figure

+2

Only an exam can be done to tell if there is any more fat that can be safely removed in the hip area.  Alos, please understand that your surgeon did you a huge favor by not overdoing the surgery because when that is done, there can be irreperable dents and grooves that would destroy your ability to ever be happy with your abdomen.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Hourglass figure after liposuction

+2

You are not overweight and you have a narrow waist. There is more tissue just above and lateral to your hip bones. In some people this is muscle and not able to be removed. It appears that you may have more fat in that area and that it could be improved. I would discuss this your surgeon. It is impossible to tell from a photo if it truly able to be improved, only a consultation with the surgeon being able to feel the feel the area will be able to determine if it can be improved. Talk to your surgeon about your disappointment. It may be that they will be able to improve the area for a minimal or reduced fee. If you go to another surgeon you will most likely be charged at the regular rate.

William LoVerme, MD

Hourglass figure after Liposuction

+1

Thank you for your question. It is hard to determine if more fat can be taken out without performing an exam. The areas you are concerned about could be muscle, fat or skin. It would be best to follow up with your plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns with them.

Lisa M. DiFrancesco, MD