Transgender Woman: Best Way to Achieve More Hips and Buttocks?

I am a transgender woman and i struggle with having a more female or a more hourglass body shape. Right now i feel i have a squarish body frame. I stand at 5'3" , weigh 120 lbs., 36c bust, 29'wait, 33' hips and 35' butt. What cosmetic procedure will help me achieve wider hips and a bigger buttocks? i know many woman in my gender go through pmma/silicone injectable filler to get those female curves. either secretly here in the US or aboard. it worries me to feel that can only be my only option.

Buttock Augmentation with Fat Transfer and Liposuction in Beverly Hills

+2

I have had experience in doing body transforming surgery on several trans-gender patients. it is increadible to see how much change can be achieved with large volume liposuction, liposculpture, and buttock fat grafting. These patients have also had great outcome from having their faces feminized with fat grafting the cheeks and reshaping their face.

Best way to achieve more hips and buttocks. #body contouring# buttocks and hips

+1

As a physician who attends a number of transgender meetings throughout the country, this is a very commonly asked question.  First I would like to mention that I do not, nor does the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, endorse any free silicone injections in ANY part of the body.  This can permanently disfigure a patient and if it gets infected, only excision of the tissue would work to resolve the infection.  So, PLEASE do not get free silicone injections anywhere. 

My preferred choice for contouring these areas, if the patient has enough preoperative fat, is fat transfer.  This is nice because I will remove fat from an unwanted region and place it into the buttocks.  The hip region doesn't take fat transfer as well and will require a body garment most likely to augment this region.  Hope this helps!!

Joel B. Beck, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Hi Def Liposculpture with Fat Injections produces Curvy Voluptuous Contours

+1
Vaser Hi Def with autogenous fat injections was developed in Colombia, South America and provides the most state-of-the-art combination of technology and artistry to achieve small tight waists combined with voluptuous hips and buttocks.  I traveled to Colombia earlier this year to learn from Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, and am one of less than 20 surgeons in the U.S. to offer this procedure to their patients.  Standard liposuction minimally alters a patient's shape, and only makes a person's inherent shape smaller.  Vaser Hi Def Liposculpture combines skin tightening (think "shrink-wrapping the skin) with both superficial and deep fat emulsification based upon muscular anatomy to create tight shapely torsos that are not possible with standard techniques.  Simultaneously, fat is injected into the hips, into and above the gluteous muscles, and often into the breasts to produce the voluptuous shape you desire.  I have found patients to have minimal pain after the procedure, with patient's expectations generally being far exceeded by the quality of the results.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Large Volume Fat Transfers for Buttock Enhancement

+1

Transforming the masculine body type to a more feminine figure can be best achieved through a combination of liposuction and aggressive fat transfers.  The difficulty is based on the fact that the shape of the male pelvis is more square than round as with most genetic females.  Fat distribution in the female differs from that of the male but hormone therapies can offset some of these differences.  Considering the fact that the FDA has not approved liquid silicone and some of the other unprofessionally available injectibles for human use should be warning enough to avoid these types of therapies.  Fat transfers in large enough volumes can have phenomenal results when performed with a nicely contouring liposuction.  Nevertheless achieving the absolute hour glass figure may not be achieveable and a close approximation to that shape is the best that may be possible.

Joseph Kurt Bivens, MD

Fat grafting effectively changes body contours

+1
The safest and most effective method to change body contours isnthrough liposculpture and fat grafting. Using artificial fillers such as those you mentioned that are performed in "secret" and typically by non-plastic surgeons is not considered safe and have many long term consequences. I have personally performed approximately 250 body liposculptures with fat transfers to the buttocks to enhance a patient's curves and help create an hourglass figure. This is certainly the best method to achieve the look younare going for.

Sean A. Simon, MD

Fat grafting is an excellent technique to create a fuller figure

+1

Fat grafting is an excellent technique to create a more feminine figure. During this procedure, we will perform liposuction to the trunk arms and other areas of your torso and then clean and processed as fat. This new and healthy fat will then be transplanted in strategic areas into your hips and butt. By combining fat grafting to the hips and aggressive liposuction to the waste we can create a more feminine figure.

Pat Pazmino, MD