How Can I Achieve a Fuller Upper Lip?

Is there a way i can get fuller upperlip without the monthly treatments with Silikon 1000 procedure, if i were to get only one treatment would it be worth it to me in your opinion, im also getting the non surgical rhinoplasty along with it to get rid of the bump on my nose would i see a difference the first treatment of both procedures?

Achieving a Fuller Upper Lip

+1

Hard to make a lot of specific comments without photos.  A couple of general comments though.  IMHO silcone is not a great option for the face.  I have a bias, as our office has had to treat patients with silicone injections in the past.  Silicone is great for breast implants.  In the face it can move.  Moreover, the soft tissue will move and change and silicone is permanent.  This can lead to silicone being somewhere you did not originally intend it to be.  It is also illegal to inject silicone in Nevada.  Our office prefers Juvederm or Restylane for the lips.  Always best to see a couple well trained, experienced injectors.

Achieving a Fuller Upper Lip

+1

I would advise using a filler made of hyaluronic acid, such as Juvederm or Restylane.  I like Juvederm because it is soft, natural looking and is injected well.  Injecting the lip is very much an "art" -- therefore it is very important to seek out an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon to achieve a fuller upper lip.

Deborah Sarnoff, MD

How Can I Achieve a Fuller Upper Lip?

+1

Silicone has way too many complications, IMHO, to be injected into the lips.  I have had many patients come to me after having silicone injected into their lips elsewhere with huge, swollen and lopsided looking lips...only to have me tell them it can never be removed completely and it can continue to disfigure their lips for life.

Alloderm or one of the other lip implants is a far better permanent option for augmenting your lip(s).

Lip augmentation and non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1

Hello, and thank you for your question!  If you have never augmented your lips before, I would suggest starting with a filler like Juvederm that, while temporary, will allow you to see results immediately and will allow you to decide if you truly like the look of your augmented lips.  If you are pleased with what the filler does for your looks and then choose a route that is more permanent, I would recommend going with the SurgiSil Lip implants.  They are made up of a very soft silicone and come in different diameters and lengths to customize a look of fullness that is appropriate for you and your measurements.  The nice thing about the technology they use is that, unlike implants of the past, this new type of silicone does not allow for scar to adhere down to it.  This being said, if you choose to remove the implants, this can be done very easily.  It is a procedure that is performed in the office and so is relatively inexpensive and pays for itself.  I would ask your plastic surgeon if this is something that he/she is willing to perform.  In regards to the non-surgical rhinoplasty, I would recommend a filler like Radiesse.  It is Calcium based and does well when placed on top of bone.  It should last about 1-2 years depending on how it is administered.  You should be able to walk out of the office seeing results after the first treatment as well.  Thanks again, and good luck!

Tanya Aya Atagi, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Best method for a fuller lip

+1

Juvederm or Restylane are the best options for correcting an aging lip. They are used to replace lost volume, define the vermilion borders and create a more youthful curl, elevate and lift the corners of the mouth, and correct vertical wrinkle lines. They can restore the natural contour of the upper and lower lip and enhance the Cupid’s bow area. Lifting the corners of the mouth gives a hint of a smile and reduces the “sad or angry look” when they are down turned. Please remember, your results depend upon the skill and experience of your physician injector. 

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Non surgical lip and nose procedures

+1
Silicon injections of the lip should give permanent results. They are essentially irreversible and are best administered incrementally. The changes with each treatment would be subtle but the long term result should be noticeable . I personally do not recommend this as the initial approach to enlarging the lips. The nose may or may not be the type that would look good after injectible fillers to correct a bump. In general, temporary fillers should first be used in both these areas .

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non surggical Rhinoplasty

+1

Non surgical Rhinoplasty is a MYTH. propagated by those who do not know how to do a Rhinoplasty.

Silicone should never be used as a filler. Complication rate is very high, silicone granulomas.. It is permanent.

Lip augmentation can be done with Juvederm done every three months or so, also lip augmentation can be done with fat transfer which can be longer lasting.