Can I Achieve Dramatic Results Through Ostetomy Procedure? (photo)

I am a 27 year old male and I live in San Diego and I am of East Indian ethnic origin. I have a very wide dorsum with a bump and I desire to achieve dramatic results from my rhinoplasty procedure. I was recommended a frontal and lateral ostetomy to narrow my nasal bone and the doctor also wants to file the nasal bone to achieve better results. He also said that I have a deviated septum and recommended me to get that thing fixed in the same surgery.

Can I Achieve Dramatic Results Through Osteotomy Procedure?

+2

The reduction of the hump and narrowing with osteotomies will produce a nice change in the right hands.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Osteotomies are a component of rhinoplasty

+2

Osteotomies are only a component of rhinoplasty that must be performed to enable a narrowing of the upper two thirds of the nose.  Osteotomies are performed after a hump removal to close an open roof deformity. Medial and lateral osteotomies are usually performed by most surgeons when narrowing wide nasal bones. Also important to make sure the tip is balanced with your new nose.  When the septum is deviated, causing nasal obstruction, a septoplasty can be performed at the same time. please see the link below for examples of  wide noses we have narrowed in our practice

Osteotomies to Achieve a Dramtic Result after Rhinoplasty

+2

Osteotomies are only part of the rhinoplasty procedure that should be done to achieve a dramatic result after removing the hump, narrowing the bridge, and straightening the septum.

Rhinoplasty to achieve dramatic results through osteotomy.

+1

Because your nasal hump is so large you should be able to achieve very dramatic results from both removal of the hump as well as osteotomies to narrow the sides of the nose. The tip can also be refined as well. Choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best results.

Well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery may lead to an improved appearance of your nose.

+1

I reviewed your comments and your photos:

You appear to have a large profile hump and an over-prejected tip. Successful rhinoplasty surgery may be employed to address your entire nose. Osteotomies are only part of your proceedure.

You may be best served by consulting several reputable rhinoplasty surgeons who use computer imaging so you could see what might be achieved after well-performed surgery.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Osteotomies for Complete Rhinoplasty Result

+1

Thank you for the question and your picture. Yes, in your case, dramatic results would require removal of the dorsal hump followed by osteotomies. These controlled fractures are used to realign the nasal bones and prevent an obvious separation between the two sides after the bridge is reduced (called an "open roof" deformity).  Best of luck!

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon