How can achieve desired results on my lips? (photos)

My lips are narrow, thin, and "beakish". The middle of my upper lip overlaps the lower lip and the outer vermilion borders aren't very full. Please see attached photo for a better idea of my problem, and the lip shape I'd like to achieve. Would the lips in the photo be achievable? If so, what would you recommend?

Lip Contouring

+1
To achieve a similar result for both the upper and lower lips as in the sample pictures, your upper lips will need fillers to enhance the vermillion border as well as increase the red lip fullness and correct the asymmetry. The lower lip will need reduction on the outer 1/3 while the middle portion will be left intact. Fillers will not help the lower lip if the result you want to achieve is the photo you've posted.

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

+1
In all actuality, the photo you provided is a good example of what can be achieved for your with a filler, and a good injector. So many times we get photos of a desired "before" and "after" that would be nearly impossible to achieve, but you have a good, realistic view of your own lip shape, and a desired outcome. I would recommend you see a board-certified physician with a good amount of filler experience. Express what you what to achieve, allowing for the slight asymmetry you have (which can be adjusted with filler), and you should get a good outcome. I would recommend Restylane.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Nice Lips

+1
I think you are doing exactly the right thing. You have identified what you would like to improve in your lips and you have a specific descriptive example that you can show to your doctor. Your next step is to find a Board Certified physician that you feel understands your concerns and believes they can achieve your desired result.

Brian Eichenberg, MD
Temecula Plastic Surgeon

Filler versus implants

+1
in her case I think this appearance or type of lip is achievable.  There is a little asymmetry in your lip so at the time of injection you would want to account for that.  Given your asymmetry I would probably favor filler such as Restylane because you can add more on one side versus the other.  Using an implant is always a nice option such as the PermaLip implant which many of my patients enjoy in my practice but I don't think it would address your mild asymmetry.

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

How can achieve desired results on my lips?

+1
Juvederm can be applied to help enhance the volume of the lips, it's not a permanent filler and can last anywhere from 6-8 months. Seek a reputable injector who can provide the result you wish to achieve

+1
Yes, you can achieve fuller lips with fillers such as Juverderm Ultra or Restylane which last anywhere from 4-8 months.  You may also have lip implants which are permanent. 

Enhance thin upper lip

+1
I think that you can get a nice enhancement with a filler like Juvederm or Restylane. I do not think that your lower lip can be the exact shape shown in the photo but a good injector can come pretty close with your upper lip. You will have  beautiful lips for you, just don't expect to have the exact lips od somebody else

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Lip enhancement

+1
There are hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane that could definitely enhance lips such as yours.  Please consult an experienced injector who is board certified and enjoys injecting lips.  Be prepared for a few days of lip swelling and perhaps some bruising for a few days after your injections.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Lip augmentation

+1
It looks like you want lips like Natalie Portman's.  Fillers may help improve the appearance and can last 6-12 months depending upon the product used.