Will I Be Able to Achieve Cleavage and a Natural Look? (Photos)

I've looked at so many before/after photos and it seems my breast position would mean they'll be even further apart with implants. I'm a 32B-C, age 27 Asian, active 5'5 and 115lbs. Is it true asian breast augs are different? Do implants push nipples out more because they always shrink up when im cold. I want to remain proportioned, would D be too top heavy for my frame? Does it look like I should go with round? I want more profile too but am very weary of those round unnatural balloon looks.

Breast aug cleavage question

+2

Hi Turkeybump,

thanks for the post and the pics. This is a common question. Again, you should have a consultation with a board certified PS in your area. Your pics show you would be an excellent candidate for BA. good shape, symmetry and skin envelope with a slight upward tilt to the nipple position. My recommendation is to pick an implant that matches your breast frame and width. This is the size that will look most appropriate for you. 

a D cup is full for your frame. It would depend. Do you mean a Victoria secret's D cup? or maidenform? I ask because, as you likely already know, VS bras all run very SMALL. A VS "D" is like a maidenform or jockey "C+". I always let patients pick their implants: it's your body and your breasts. However, If I get a vote, i would pick either a large C or small D and no more. The "balloon" look is more common with OVER the muscle implants and ones that are simply TOO big for your frame. 

I do not believe that this procedure is different for asians, like eyelids or noses. However I STRONGLY stress avoiding the nipple incision to help minimize the risks of a capsular contracture ( hard scar tissue around the implant ) . Use the inframmary fold incision. 

Best to you. 

Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentaion Give Natural Look

+1

All a breast augmentation does is take what you have and make it larger.  Your breasts are very natural looking now so I would expect them to be natural after surgery.  You need to get an implant that is the width of your breast, and try it on.  If you like the look then cup size is irrelevant.  Good luck.

Mark A. Schusterman, MD

Asian augmentations

+1

in my experience, take just a little longer to settle to where you will be delighted.  Since I don't do axillary or umbilical approaches, the other issue with Asian's is the quality of scar on the nipple or under the breast.  But you are starting adequate tissue to camouflage your implants.  As Dr. Teitelbaum said, go too big and they start looking fake.  Find something that fits your body and see your local plastic surgeon.  Ask you friends if you do not know of any.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Augmentation and Cleavage

+1

You are an excellent candidate for breast augmentation.  Based upon your desire for cleavage you should use a high profile implant that matches the BWD of your breasts.  What you  should have noticed on line is that when you start with nice breasts you end up with nice breasts. I have some nice before and after  photos on my website at kearneymd.com

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

+1

You appear to be a good candidate for a breast augmentation.  Choosing the correct size implant is a combination of your gaols, your breast width and your discussion with your plastic surgeon.  This process is enhances by the opportunity to put on a sports bra and have sizer implants available to place inside the bra to give you a "visual" look in the mirror.  While not a perfect science I have found it helps patients visualize in real time and aids in the discussion.  I hope this info is helpful.

Ronald H. Stefani Jr, MD

Your breat will look great after an augmentation

+1

Your breasts are very pretty and well-balanced. They are relatively close together.  You must not think in terms of a cup size, for if you do you will be prioritizing volume over shape. There is a sweet spot: larger and you will invariably look fake and smaller and you will be underfilled.  Select a surgeon who demonstrates that they understand this principle and you will end up with an absolutely gorgeous result.

Steven Teitelbaum, MD

Will I Be Able to Achieve Cleavage and a Natural Look? (Photos) #cleavage

+1

From your photos, I think you'll get a great result  and good cleavage too...You have a very natural look now with just the right amount of tissue to hide your implant.....You should do great!!!!!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and expectations

+1

Results of breast augmentation really depend upon your anatomy and the implant chosen. The implants will magnify andy differences.  Just from the photos, it looks like you have some cleavage, and that should improve with implants. I usually use round implants.

IMPLANT SIZE

+1

Thanks for the photos.  You have a nicely shaped breast.  I would recommend an implant in the 300 to 350 cc range if you want to stay natural. Without measurements and exam it is hard to recommend the best implant profile. If you like the round look then I would go with the round implant.  Personally I would suggest the anatomic shaped implant.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Will I Be Able to Achieve Cleavage and a Natural Look

+1

Thank you for your question and for the attached photos. Implant choice is best done in the consultation room. I find it best to have patients try on implants and use that info to choose the best one. There are limitations, a principle one being a guideline to try to use an implant with a diameter that is close to the patient's  breast width. That can limit the maximum size likely to give a natural result.

I do think a D cup will likely look top-heavy and less natural. If you do choose a larger size, consider the new Style 410 shaped implants.

Asian breasts have no anatomic differences from others. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.