I Can't Achieve Cleavage After Boob Job? (photo)

It has been 2 weeks since I got my boob job. I'm so depressed that I can't seem to have cleavage even with help of push up bra because my boobs are too far apart. Could one of the reason that I can't make cleavage be putting too big implants compared to my body? Or do you think I should wait a lil till the implants soften u/p? If yes, how long should I wait more? Will going for another surgery help me achieve cleavage

Cleavage After Breast Augmentation #breastimplants

+1

Ones ability to obtain cleavage is limited by your physical qualities. The pectoralis muscle inserts along the border of the breast bone up and down. That defines your cleavage for the most part. During surgery those muscle attachments are not fully violated because you can end up with an implant that drifts across the midline of the chest called the, "uniboob." Higher profile implants can give you the appearance of more cleavage SOMETIMES! The bottom line is all breasts are not the same. Some people simply are not able to have the cleavage they wish they could have.

Cleavage with breast augmentation

+1

I would wait for the implants to settle for 2-3 months and then re-examine the breasts.  In order to get the cleavage you're looking for you might need ultra high profile implants and a larger size. I've had great experience with the ultra high profile implants and patients really do love them.  An example is found in the link included with my answer.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Cleavage

+1

Hi there

It's much too early to evaluate the result of your surgery . Things will soften a lot and there will be substantial changes .

So relax , keep your post-operative appointments and wait 4-6 months to get an idea of the final result .

You may be getting worried for no reason .

Cheers

Terrence Scamp

Terrence Scamp, MBBS, FRACS
Brisbane Plastic Surgeon

+1

Sometimes the anatomy of the breasts and chest do not allow the cleavage yiou might desire. In my opinion the result posted looks very good! 

How to obtain more breast cleavage.

+1

You are quite early to the time of your recent surgery to make any judgement about this.  In the future, if you still feel disappointed in the final cleavage, be aware that subpectoral augmentation will never be closer along the central part of the breasts than the width of the sternum will allow.  it may be necessary for you to consider submammary augmentation, allowing  your implants to be much closer.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Cleavage is a product of a bra and breast shape

+1

Thank you for your photographs. I'm not sure what your goals are.  A picture of the desired cleavage would be helpful. Your result is excellent!  I would not recommend more surgery at this time or at any point. Please discuss this with your plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Cleavage space

+1

Thanks for an excellent question.  As my colleagues have answered each individual anatomy does matter.  In your case, it is too early to be resigned to a conclusion you are unhappy with the result.  As the swelling decreases in the muscle, you should gain more laxity in your tissues to craft your look and minimize the distance between your breasts.  Please discuss your concern with your surgeon.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Clevage post breast augmentation

+1

Looking at your pre and post operative augmentation pics any plastic surgeon who does breast augmentation would say you were well on your way to a very good outcome. Your concern regards cleavage, requires an in person assessment. The cleavage you want may not be attainable with your anatomy. Go back to your Plastic Surgeon.You may not have the cleavage, but the post op pictures certainly show an out come that is appropriate and looks good.

James R. Benjamin, MD
Bowie Plastic Surgeon

Cleavage after implants

+1

Cleavage is often limited by ones anatomy.  If the implants are below the muscle then it will begin where the muscle inserts onto the sternum.  But, you should give it several months to settle.

I Can't Achieve Cleavage After Boob Job?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Although I understand your concerns, it is much too early to evaluate the end results of the procedure performed. I ask my patience to do this evaluation 3 to 6 months after the procedure was performed.

Sometimes, as swelling between the breasts dissipates,  patients are quite pleased with the “deeper cleavage” they have achieved. If, in the longer term, you remain displeased with the outcome of the procedure, it is possible that revisionary surgery may be helpful; remember, however about often, patients'  body types ( for example natural space between the breasts) dictates how close the breast implants can be placed without causing significant complications.

I would suggest continued patience.