How can I achieve baby skin again? What are all the lasers, chemical peels and dermabrasion I need? How many?

I want smooth thick baby skin, like if I were to be born again. I don't think I'm being unrealistic I'm 19 years old. I want Kim Kardashians perfect skin. I have big pores on my cheeks and nose. I have major blackheads on my nose and cheeks. I have acne scars on my lower cheeks and hyper pigmentation red spots on my cheeks. What can I possibly get to get rid of everything? If you wanted perfect skin what would you do? If a celebrity asked you what would you do? I don't care if I need 20 lasers.

How to achieve beautiful skin

+2
There may not be such a thing as 'perfect skin' (remember Kim and other celebrities have the advantage world class make up artists, lighting and editing!) but achieving beautiful skin is certainly possible.  Our philosophy is that optimizing your skin health is the most important step to beautiful skin.  The fundamentals of improving overall skin health are proper cleansing and regular exfoliation (shedding the outer skin cells), reducing inflammation and stabilizing the skin cells, stimulating the growth of new skin cells, and appropriate hydration and protection from UV (sun) damage.

Blackheads are plugged oil glands (sebaceous glands) that have oxidized and pores are the openings of these oil glands to the surface; they become enlarged when irritated and inflamed by the build up of oil (sebum) and bacteria (acne pimples).  This leads to active acne pustules and secondary scarring.  Much of this can be avoided or minimized by a personalized medical skin care program that cleanses without irritating, removes oil and cellular debris and keeps pores clear, calms and  and reduces inflammation, and hydrates without occluding and irritating the pores.  New research proven topical products and services such as LED light therapy can dramatically improve results.  Lasers may be a later option for improving acne scars but the first priority is controlling inflammation and calming the skin thru the proper use of the above by an experienced skin care physician and medical aesthetician. 

Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Returning Skin Youth

+2
Youthful skin is smooth, evenly pigmented with a thin dead cell layer and thick, vascular dermis (support layer). Basic skin care, needed to keep it that way, consists of cleansing, reducing the dead cell layer, restoring the normal pH and protective function and protecting it. You can reduce the dead cell layer with daily use of alpha or beta hydroxyls or regular microdermabrasions or micro peels. This will improve your big pores and blackheads. Vitamin -C or other antioxidants return the skin to normal function. Of the things that block UVA, the part of the sun that does the damage, the most practical is clear zinc oxide. Forget SPF as it only tells you how good the block does with UVB, the part that causes sunburn. To be effective, it needs to be applied daily and whenever you rub it off. After that, you will need specific treatment of the specific things such as the pigment and scars. that bother you. You need an exam to determine exactly what you require. See a plastic surgeon experienced in skin care and rejuvenation.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon