How Can I Acheive More Defined Cheeks and Get Rid of Lower Cheek Fat? (photo)

I'm almost 24 and I have such fat saggy lower cheeks around my mouth. When I'm not smiling it just looks like a permanent frown. I'm 5'3 and weigh about 116 lbs. Also I was wondering if facial exercises could help, I saw an ad for a facial flex but I don't know if it's legit. My fat saggy face just depresses me so much, please help!

Early jowling

+1

Thanks for your photo.  The loose skin around the corner of your mouth is what many older patients find disturbing.  At your age, this early jowling suggests lack of support structures around the zygomaticus muscle as it inserts into the "modiolus" region.  I suggest suspension of this area using a loop of nonabsorbable prolene suture to add strength to your cheek structure.  You should expect a temporary enhancement of your natural dimple position for a few months.  These procedures are reversible and done under light sedation in my office.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

More defined cheeks

+1

Dear summerxoxo,

• I think building up the cheekbones would lift the skin up so that the cheeks do not sag as much
  • It is hard to tell without an exam, but there are definitely things that can be done
  • You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, please see a plastic surgeon in your area to see what your options are

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD