Why Isn't Acell Regenerative Medicine More Popular?

So, Acell's regenerative medicine has been proven to grow back fingers that have been cut off. It's available to consumers through prescription, so I don't understand why it's not more popular and widely used for lots of healing/regenerating purposes. It seems like a remarkable product that could be used for tons of purposes. Can someone help me and tell me more, please?

+1

Regarding: "Why Isn't Acell Regenerative Medicine More Popular?
So, Acell's regenerative medicine has been proven to grow back fingers that have been cut off. It's available to consumers through prescription, so I don't understand why it's not more popular and widely used for lots of healing/regenerating purposes. It seems like a remarkable product that could be used for tons of purposes. Can someone help me and tell me more, please
?"

There is nothing radically new with this product and many similar products. The problem is WHO will pay for this technology / products? IS it effective for all applications (at the whim of the patient or prescribing doctor as is the driving reason for the multimillion dollars direct to consumer TV marketing (Viagra, Cialis, birth control pills, antiinflammatiry and acid reflux medications)?

Currently the Government (CMS - Medicare, Medicaid, VA, Champus, Tricare) and private insurers determine BOTH WHICH products they will partially pay for (otherwise termed: "cover"), how many hoops doctors and patients have to go through to get approval, HOW MUCH they will pay for the product and for the application / injection / administration of the product and HOW MANY SUCH TREATMENTS would be partially paid for (IE "covered').

In the past 10 years, there have been MANY product which were expensive, were "covered" and which turned out to be nearly useless despite the hype and unfortunately there have been others which appeared useful but were too expensive and or lacked the political clout (IE the right Congressional power kingpins were not paid sufficiently) to get themselves approved by CMS.

Unless the American public is willing to treat health as a personal obligation this will never change. If one of us wants to save and spend their money on a boat, car, cruises or adult education classes, no one would object. But the howling and indignation starts when one is asked to pay for health care and especially advanced techniques or devices which our bankrupt and perennially corrupt government refuses to pay for.

In summary, Plastic surgeons and others are aware of many of these changes and would gladly prescribe it if YOU want to pay for them.

The trouble is that you (generically speaking) shift personal responsibility by wanting the doctor to "prescribe it" and then spend days in futile and repeated attempts trying to convince an immovable CMS or private insurance official to pay for something FOR YOU that they refuse to pay for for a variety of reasons.

The only way out is for you to educate yourself, which you have done, and to pay for what you want without expecting others to pay for it.