Acell Matristem After Dermabrasion?

What do you think about using Acell Matristem, an extracellar matrix, after a dermabrasion for acne scars?

Treatment after dermabrasion

+2

Dermabrasion is an effective technique for recontouring the face and resurfacing the skin. After this procedure, we typically recommend our patients applied bacitracin onto the treated area and to keep the area covered with a non-adhesive non-occlusive dressing such as Adaptic or Xeroform. This will keep the area covered and clean. After one to two weeks, we recommend that the patient apply moisturizer to this area and to always use a sunblock with an SPF of at least 50. If Acell Matristem will keep the area clean and moist, then it should work well.

Use of ECM for dermabrasion

+2

Any product that generally keeps a wound moist and clean is likely to provide optimal conditions for epithelialization of wounds.

Although I am not familar with this exact product, my guess is that it falls into this category. My guess is also that is costly and equivalent results could be obtained with more cost effective options.