Has Anyone Used ACell Along with a Breast Lift?

I asked about it but my surgeon doesn't believe in it or that it works?

Use of Acellular Dermal Matrix (human skin) or other biologic tissue for breast lift and implants (mastopexy)

+1

If there is a need for this and you have insufficient lower pole tissues or support, this can be an option to provide additional support or coverage of the lower portions of the implant. Some surgeons believe it is associated with a lower rate of capsular contracture

Alloderm and a lift

+1

I have not use alloderm for a breast lift specifically. I use plenty of alloderm for breast reconstruction for breast cancer patients.

ACell Along with a Breast Lift

+1

Yes, but the extra expense of over $1,000 makes me wonder if the results make it's use really necessary. Early post op photos are impressive but the cost! 

Biologic mesh scaffolds in breast lift surgery are experimental

+1

There is a lot of buzz these days about biologic scaffolds, such as the ACell product which is porcine-derived. Another such product in development is seriscaffold from Allergan, based on purified silk. The idea is to make a sort of internal bra that cones up and supports the breast with a lift for a better long-term result. However, there is very little to go on in terms of reported results with these materials for this specific application. I don't know if there are any clinical trials underway but that would be the best option rather than finding someone willing to give it a try. 

Richard Baxter, MD